1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Please Review My Website

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by y8gamesfree, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. y8gamesfree

y8gamesfree New Member

Please Review My Website – Best Y8 Games - Flash Games

Impressions, logo, banner effect (eye catching, quality)

Navigation, look and feel

Anything at all, also suggestions on anything regarding content, design and so on

I hope to recieve also any positve feedback, and negative feedback is welcomed especially,

this is my first site

please give me review, how can i improve it?

Thanks so much!

y8gamesfree - the forum states give a review before you ask for one or you post will be deleted as spam - your friendly mod

2. Schnen

Schnen New Member

Hey,

I'd say one thing I would change is that I would put the categories at the beginning of the page. I think its simply better so you dont have to scroll down just to get to the section you want.

A favicon would be a good idea to include.
    ( for example favicon.ico Generator )

I would also put a picture into the header where it say Y8 Girls Games, since it looks kind of unspectacular.

These were the things that came to my mind straight away.

I think the colours are okay since they give a little girlish flair ;)

3. 1075dallas

1075dallas New Member

Hi, Just took a look at your site. I have to agree that the placement of the categories at the bottom requires too much scrolling. I would suggest placing them on the side. I really like the screen shots for the games. It lets a viewer get a good idea of the game before downloading. Also, maybe your title heading should be a little more developed. I tend to gravitate to sites that look more professional. Hope this helps.

4. y8gamesfree

y8gamesfree New Member

Thanks for your comments

5. Enclavean

Enclavean Member

I recommend having the categories like this:

- All Category Games
    -- Your members would first want to see what their options for games are.

- Best Games
    -- New thing they would want to know are the most popular games.

- New Games
    -- After they've gotten familier with most of the games, they might want to know which games are the newest so they can try them out.

- Random Games
    -- This is last category, which is for people who are bored and just wants to play a random games. The least important one in my opinion.

6. kurisu

kurisu New Member

I agree with some adjustments to the categories, but I can see the reasoning for having them below the more visual content of the site.
    The thing I would change with the set-out of them is having the alphabetical order down each column rather than across the page as this is the way people tend more to view lists rather than a reading style (left to right).
    Hope the site goes well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.