1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Please review my website

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by sawaz, May 25, 2010.

1. sawaz

sawaz New Member

Hi guys, please review and write something about my website. :)
    adsmosaic.com

2. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

Can not fully review, because problems loading
    -
    Header menu - when hovering over item (changes to gray with white text)
    may want to change text color for better contrast (white text with light gray background is difficult to read)
    -
    I think the loading problem was Java Script, not sure (very slow to load ??)
    -
    Using Windows XP - with Firefox 2.0.0.20 for browser
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

3. sawaz

sawaz New Member

Thank you navyfalcon, :)
    talking about header menu, i saw that, but then i click it next time it shows normal blue background with white fonts. And i think i have fixed it.
    Talking about JS, yea it's problematic then browsing with IE or FF. IE wont load it at all and FF load it too slow. But i'm working with it. :cool:

4. navyfalcon

Making assumptions because still problems loading
    -
    Normal menu black text with blue background
    -
    Hover menu button - light gray with white text
    -
    Java script issue upon loading for Firefox - did not check for IE
    -
    falcon

5. navyfalcon

May want to try CSS for template and menu
    Use JS for your active parts, may help
    -
    falcon

6. Drayton

Drayton New Member

I tried with IE and got the following message
    "Sorry, but at this moment AdsMosaic.com does not work in Internet Explorer.
    Please use a different browser. "

7. colinc86

colinc86 New Member

i got the same reply as drayton

8. sawaz

sawaz New Member

Hey guys, is IE your default browser?

9. enigma1

enigma1 New Member

No but I get the same problem here with FF by using IE as the user agent header. And with blank user agent I see the header and menu (even if I use IE), some of the links work but everything seems very slow. javascripts were disabled.

The HTML shows iframes not too safe, that will raise red flags for security. Expect many people to have some kind of protection disabling iframes.

Some of the php scripts/pages are filled with thousands of the same link. Some search engines show redundant pages with repeated content, presumably you changed pages recently.

If I understand correctly you have a form and you want customers to complete it and order, you could use a nice standard html template and integrate some javascripts to speed up navigation without the need of iframes and exclusive use of active scripting.

The code that you have does not reliably detect browsers in fact you will never be able to detect them reliably so don't block visitors based on their user agent header.

10. Drayton

Drayton New Member

Yes - IE7

11. sawaz

sawaz New Member

I made some changes on index, can anyone review it. And would be nice if anyone view it with IE7.