1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Please review HTML Editors - falcon

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by navyfalcon, Feb 24, 2010.

1. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

2. discussourfuture

discussourfuture New Member

Hi Falcon, I have a few comments:

Design and layout (and suggestions on improvement): Firstly, I don't see the added value of the pictures on the top right and left and they run outside of the table border. Secondly, I would put the "page menu" on the same hight as "WYSIWYG Editors". Thirdly I don't really like the look and feel. This mainly due to the background color in combination with the font colors, the lack of visualization and I just don't like all these (Google) ads.
    Navigation: Very good
    Usefullness: Very useful
    (please check some of the software - particularly "web page analyzers" and "keyword tool"
    would you use any of the software: Definitely
    would you recommend the page: Not the way it is now
    Did you find it useful for you: Yes, very much

Cheers,

Bram

3. navyfalcon

discussourfuture [​IMG]
    Thank you for your review
    I will try and change the design and layout for more appeal
    also you did not like the colors. I will try and change to a better background
    Thanks again
    falcon

4. discussourfuture

discussourfuture New Member

Personally I wouldn't change anything until you get more feedback and/or if you agree with my comments.

It's not so much the background just as long as the rest (font type, font size, font color, hover color, etc.) fits to it. I think this website is excellent if you already know what you want with it and if you know who made it, like I do a little. If I were a stranger, interested in HTML and webdesigning I think I would look for another site first. I am sure that the people that I know would, so that's why I said I wouldn't recommend it at this moment.

In short, it depends what you want to do with the site (do you want to make money from ads for instance?) and what kind of public you want to reach.

Cheers,

Bram

5. navyfalcon

First - to reach people with good free information for their site development.

Most of the people on this forum could use the information, particularly about source code and keywords (how to properly write the title and the description.

Second - is to make money with ads (need to reduce the size of the ads and try different placement) as I don't want them to be annoying.

I am searching for better pictures (the ones up there are for "Page Breeze" - left side and "HotHTML 2001" - right side)
    also I am trying for better background color

Also I think I need to write an article on how to use the information (ie "keyword Suggestion Tools", "Web Page Analyzers", etc.)

Thank you for your review and your concern
    falcon

6. Recidivist

Recidivist VIP Member

Design and layout (and suggestions on improvement)
    Very basic. I wouldn't say it's bad, and it does display everything clearly, but it isn't particularly eye-catching and I personaly wouldn't remember it. It doesn't need to be ridiculously over complicated, but some general shinyness and graphical input would be nice.

Navigation
    There's a menu, plain, but it's there. For all purposes intended, it's good.

Usefullness

If you are looking for any of the information provided, I am sure it would be useful. Not really any suggestions, it all seems to be there.

(please check some of the software - particularly "web page analyzers" and "keyword tool"
    would you use any of the software

Again, useful to those that need them, I'm sure having them indexd together will save people a lot of time.

would you recommend the page
    I don't think I would ever have the need to, but if it did arise, I'm sure I would.

Did you find it useful for you

The list of WYSIWYG editors was the most useful thing to me as I could pass a few names off to a friends, but I wasn't really looking for much.

Overall, the site is good for what you are trying to do with it. It could do with some general sprucing to make it more attractive and memorable, but it would appear you have put a lot of effort into other parts, such as extensive content.

7. navyfalcon

Thank You Recidivist
    I like the way you grouped the comments
    It looks like the content is ok but the site design needs improvement
    Will work on that
    Thank You
    falcon