1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Please review and comment

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by jgreen9877, Oct 8, 2008.

1. jgreen9877

jgreen9877 New Member

I would appreciate any help given regarding my site.
    dlcreations-al.com

2. emilypal

emilypal New Member

I like the color scheme but I don't like the way you've designed navigation buttons. They look a bit untidy.
    Also I would suggest you to make a more welcoming logo and place images a bit higher.
    Nevertheless I wish good luck to your project.

3. kellytyp

kellytyp New Member

I belive you have just make some changes on your site.
    It looks nice and attract to me.
    Can you please give some comment on my site as well.. i m new in build up website.
    www.geocities.com/nsctkl/kelly.html
    many thanks

4. jgreen9877

jgreen9877 New Member

Thanks for your comments. I looked at your page. It is pleasing to the eye, good colors, good font choice. It is obvious that English is your secound (possibly 3rd of more). I must admit that I never did well in other languages. You have a good command of American-English. I am able to understand what you are saying. However, the syntax (the word order, past or present tense etc.) sometimes disturbs the flow of reading. Most of it is minor, but if you run your editing tools, spell check and grammer check, you should pick up most of the problems. Please understand that I am in no way dispariging your use of American-English. I admire your ability to use more than one language. I am only trying to point out the things that interfereed with reading what you were saying. (I majored in English while in college and worked as an English professor's grader, grading tests and papers, so I may be more aware than others.)
    JoAnne

5. kellytyp

kellytyp New Member

Thanks for your comment. I will improve my english writing. :)

6. Linx

Linx Member

1. The color scheme is great, but as for me it's too dark for an online shop.

2. The design is inconsistent, I can see different text fonts, and chaotically placed headings. It's very confusing.

3. Your product samples should be place higher, just under the navigation bar. So, when a customer enter the site, the first thing that he sees will be your products.

4. The navigation menu (horizontal and vertical) looks unattractive. These buttons are very simple and don't go well with the palette.

5. There is too much text on the Home page. No one would scroll down to read it till the end.

6. Your header looks really terrible. First of all it should be catchy and welcoming. If it's a jewelry shop, it would be great to place there a picture of a beautiful eye0catching woman wjo would look so tempting, and the customers (mostly woman) couldn't help buying some of your products.

I want to sum up, the design is not ready yet, and it's too early to evaluate it, I think. The colors too dark and gloomy as for the online shop that sells jewelry.
    You should define your audience first of all and create a unique design in regards to their preferences first of all. But now I see nothing special.

No offense!

7. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

http://dlcreations-al.com/
    I think this is the page.
    Page takes time to load - may want to compress the pictures
    -
    You only have 131 validation warnings
    HTML Tidy can automatically correct these
    http://infohound.net/tidy/
    -
    DL Creations specializes in handcrafting ...
    Acomplete likt of services...
    should be "A complete list of services ...
    This web site will allow and ...
    This web site will allow DL Creations to expand the areas we serve.
    hope this helps
    falcon

8. jgreen9877

jgreen9877 New Member

Linx, NavyFalcon, thank you both for your comments and critique. I will certainly consider them carefully.

JoAnne