1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Closed Please I need some help

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Rayouna, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rayouna

Rayouna New Member

Can anyone one help me to create a web page? which programming language can I use to create some kind of tree. Please it is urgent, your help will be so appreciated

2. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

Can anyone one help me to create a web page? which programming language can I use to create some kind of tree. Please it is urgent, your help will be so appreciated
    -
    Fastest way is to start with a template. This site has many free ones. Then use a HTML editor to build the site information. There are many free HTML editors to choose from and they have help files or tutorials to tell how to use them. The pictures or headers can be changed or swapped to make the template more suitable.
    -
    First, what do you want to make a web page or site of, business, personal, what subject ??
    Second, find the template that best suits your needs.
    Third, how do you want to modify the template,
    Fourth, what do you want to put in the template, or what do you want to say.
    -
    Then we can help, but we need information from you first.
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

Rayouna likes this.
  3. Rayouna

Rayouna New Member

Many thanks for your kind reply.

I wanna create a webpage for our logistic lab where it will includes informations about the logidtic lab, people ( students, their research,....), seminairith other students,.... and I have to create a family tree where any student can check the relationships between students for example using the information that sutent A, and student B were coauthor of a paper, or they had same advisor,......

I have an idea about HTML, PHP, SQL, XML . Franckly I just learned them about 3 months ago in the lab session, but the problem I don't know how to start creating a webpage, no idea for that.
    your help will be very appreciated

4. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

Select a template (one, two, or three columns, size of columns, ie left side, middle, right side).
    Select header (or banner - can be from different template) and footer. Then use CSS editor to
    modify the template. Add information and pictures to the template using an HTML editor
    for information and a Photo editor for the photos.
    -
    Some good free HTML & CSS editors:

Free CSS Toolbox
    http://www.blumentals.net/csstool/download.php
    1st Page 2000 web page editor
    http://meta-search.net/download/699869/?id=425
    (note: hard to find ver. 2000 to download)
    Free HTML editor wysiwyg - Alleycode HTML
    http://alleycode.com/
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

5. Dawn

Dawn Community Manager

Hi Rayouna,

Previously, the template request forum had to be closed due to insufficient resources; we are now pleased to announce that the template request forum has recently been relaunched.

If you still require assistance in creating the website mentioned in your initial post, we can help by designing a new website template for you! Simply reply to this thread within 30 days of this post and we will begin working on your request with you as soon as possible. If your website requirements have changed, feel free to submit a new template request instead.

Please note that any request to accept this offer after the above stipulated period will not be entertained.

I look forward to seeing you on FWT again! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.