1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Please help with allignment

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by Demonskin, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Demonskin

Demonskin New Member

I'm currently working with the CoD2 template and I was trying to edit out the "member" area in the right panel but I can not seem to get it looking right. Its easy enough to get rid of the area itself and it looks ok in FF but on IE it shows up as a massive empty area and the rest sorta looks left aligned and I wish to fix that to make the left menu and middle to appear centered if possible. I play with the CSS but in IE it drops the middle below the left menu and that is obviously not acceptable I have kinda hit a wall here, please help.

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

I was able to shift the allignment as you requested, but the footer has shifted to the left. Didn't have time to fix that part, so maybe you can and post the results for the rest of us. Attached a zip file with comments so you can see what I did. In it are some new graphics, an index, css files. Add the graphics into the image directory, re-name old index and css files on your pc, then load in new ones. This way you can compare back and forth.
    Keep us updated as to the progress.
    It would be nice to see your work on getting the footer back to center.

Attached Files:

3. Demonskin

Demonskin New Member

Thank you so much for this, honestly I didnt need the footer centered since I got rid of it in the first place. I just ran a span and put a singular link to the ToS but it comes out centered non the less. I very much appreciate the comments as well, now I can kinda learn how to do these things for myself :) I liked the original layout for the main page where the staff wish to place their bios but on the other pages it wasnt needed.