1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

PHP phpBB how to show latest posts

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by fairdoes, Jan 19, 2009.

1. fairdoes

fairdoes Member

in phpBB bulletin board, how to show latest threads on the index.php page and latest posts on each subforum? I need to enable this because Google is missing lots of threads and nearly all later posts to existing threads.

Thanks

2. djwilson

djwilson New Member

3. fairdoes

fairdoes Member

this looks useful, but i'd need the source code, not the code in the resulting page, I think?

4. djwilson

djwilson New Member

if your in IE click View > Source. and then copy the required coding and change the web address and where your phpbb is

5. fairdoes

fairdoes Member

the source code shows the html that your php has created, not the php

6. djwilson

djwilson New Member

fairdoes asked me to pm him the code

7. MH Vishal

MH Vishal New Member

Use
    While ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)){echo"frorum post link";}

instead.

Also instead of putting numbers alongside your code, use and ordered list to achieve the same effect without us having to delete it from your code.

8. riders99

riders99 New Member

i think we need to show the different threads so that google can make you in a long time..

9. Ranana_Phew

Ranana_Phew Banned

What do you exactly mean getting your database onto your site? Do you mean in PHP, or just as html to show the public?

10. GDSweb.ca

GDSweb.ca Moderator/Developer

Just set yourself up with a xml site-map and google will find your 'Hard too find' areas.....just a pointer that has been neglected to be told....=]

Just a tip for you to be found, and have better SEO.....but with a phpbb forum you should be ok anyways!?!....but if you're not being listed by google, you might be considered being a spam site if you submit your site too much....be careful!

11. GDSweb.ca

GDSweb.ca Moderator/Developer

PS what's your meta look like.....do you have a no follow?....but that wouldn't make sense!

12. fairdoes

fairdoes Member

thanks for the feedback and the code. i've now gone down a totally different road ... :)