1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

PHP PHP or ASP for member registration

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by lisamaxwellfan, May 27, 2008.

1. lisamaxwellfan

lisamaxwellfan New Member

Hi there,
    I've downloaded an awesome template (thanks guys) that allows me to have member registration. Now along with this I would like to integrate a forum and gallery that all use the same member details. Would you recommend using ASP or PHP for my needs? I'm not very knowledgeable in either but I am a quick learner. At the moment I use PHPBB3 forum software which I think you can modify so it uses an outside database. I also would like to use coppermine gallery. So hopefully PHP can allow me to have all of these linked?
    Any help is gratefully recieved,
    Thank you

2. Jaybirddesigns

Jaybirddesigns New Member

Thats a good one. I've used Gallery2 before and they have allot of cool options. But other than that........

3. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

php all the way

4. AgResiFe

AgResiFe New Member

Catch :) PHP for member registration but litle language turkish Exchange you ok :)
    mevsimcafe.com/oto/Uye.rar this fiile my in host

5. Sakari

Sakari New Member

Hi

PHP is best for you. I think you can easily grab it. ASP is not useful for you bcz now the days ASP.net is very much demanded.

thanks

6. percept09

percept09 Banned

Hello
    I agree With sakari .
    PHP is used mainly in server-side scripting, but can be used from a command line interface or in standalone graphical applications. Textual User Interfaces can also be created using PHP.

Regards