1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Photoshop Image Saving help

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by cjcraigj, Jul 4, 2007.

1. cjcraigj

cjcraigj New Member

Hi all
    Iv had a quick search but couldn't find exactly what i need help with yet.

I am using dreamweaver and Photoshop.

I have been editing all the images in photoshop to suite my needs. I have then have been saving the file using the "save for web" option and then editing the text in dreamwever.

I have completed my index page but now want to make a 2nd page. The 2nd page i need to change a lot of the graphics in photoshop but when i save the file again as a different name (html file) photoshop replaces all the .jpg image files in the "image folder".

How do i get photoshop to save the images i have changed for my 2nd page as a different file name in my "image folder" so that they don't over right my 1sr set of graphics that I use on my index page?

Iv tried playing around with changing the layer names in photoshop but his does not seem to effect the file names photoshop saves the images as.

Please help

Thanks
    Craig

2. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

When you "save for web" in photoshop, choose a new name instead of the name you used for your last page.

If you use the same name it will save over your original images.

3. cjcraigj

cjcraigj New Member

Hi
    Once iv selected "save for web" it gives me a preview. I then select save where it allows me to save the html file as a different name (which I do). It then says that it will replace the following files (images). If i say "continue" it will then save over the previous images form my 1st page!

how do i stop this? I could put them in a different folder (eg Images2) but that seems to be a very confusing way to do it and will slow the loading process of each page and use up server space!

4. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

what does it say exactly? If it just says spacer.jpg then its ok to replace that.