1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Photography Logo Needed Please! :)

Discussion in 'Archived' started by erikaorr, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erikaorr

erikaorr New Member

I'm finally turning my passion for photography into a business. I've seen some very cute logo's but I have no idea how to make them myself. I'll include some that I like, and I'd definately appreciate it if I could get a few different ones, to see what I like best. Thanks so much guys!

Erika

1) What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
    Erika Lynn Photography

2) What is your website address?
    I have no website yet, I'm wanting the logo more for putting them in the corner of my photos

3) Description of your website or business:
    This is a photography business. I do weddings, babies, families, senior portraits. Just about everything. I like cute things more than "professional" things.

4) Have you found any logos/designs on the web that you feel convey the style you are looking for?

I ABSOLUTELY love the ronnie lynn one. I love the hearts and the tail of the n at the end of lynn. I'm not super crazy about the font of "PHOTOGRAPHY" though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5) Requested size of your logo:
    I would like it to be high resolution, so that I can make it large if needed, but also shrink it down.

6) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo?
    None. I'm up for anything cute like those pictures above.

7) What logo styles do you like (text only, image only, text and image, etc.)?
    I'm looking for text and image, but not a huge image. Something small like in the pictures above.

8) What colors do you want to see in your logo?
    I would prefer the main part of the text to be black. I like pink, blue, and lavender colors. Nothing super bright though. but cute and girly.

9) What colors do you NOT want to see in your logo?
    I don't like brigt red. Pretty much nothing super bright.

10) Describe the target audience for your logo
    My target audience is just anyone who likes beautiful photos

What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
    I would like to communicate that my photo's and way of taking pictures are fun, flirty, and attractive.

12) Where will your logo be used (print, website, etc.)?
    I will use the logo for putting in the corners of pictures, the website I make eventually, and hoepfully someday bumper stickers and t shirts.

13) Do you have other info or links you want to share?
    No

Thanks so much guys! I really appreciate it!

2. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Here's my attempt.....

Don't forget the more you try to help out around the forum, the more others help you

Attached Files:

3. erikaorr

erikaorr New Member

thanks!

Thanks! That's really good but I'm not quite sure if its exactly what I'm looking for though. How can I help out on the forum? I've never made these before but if you guys could tell me what kind of software you use and things like that I'd love to help!

4. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

There are two types of programs you can use
    Vector or Raster
    Everyone has their own preference, likes and dislikes about the different programs. You can look at the two links and try some out for yourself. The biggest thing is commitment is learning the program after which it is easy.

5. erikaorr

erikaorr New Member

thanks! Are they free or do they cost alot?

6. 1970Forest

For a free one, try GIMP, I found it had a very large learning curve, but some swear by it. Then you can go upto Photoshop an expensive programme but most use it on here (in some way versions 2-5)

7. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

I believe Forest was referring to giving your opinion on website reviews or answering questions you may be knowledgable about to other members on the forum.
    Some photographers we have made logos for have also helped out by 'donating' a few photos they have taken.

CP

8. ishkey

Click on the links in the above post and find out.

9. ozone73

ozone73 Member

Just my attempt ...

Attached Files:

10. erikaorr

erikaorr New Member

Sure I'll work on helping out too! Could you maybe try Erika Orr Photography instead? I'm wanting something more compact and not something that will cover much of the photo, so mainly text probably.

11. 1970Forest

How's this style?

If the font is not to your liking, pls look through this vast selections FONTS

Attached Files:

12. erikaorr

erikaorr New Member

Thats getting closer to what I want. I'm not crazy about the kind of heart you have for the i, and also the fonts. I really have no idea about what fonts out of those though. I like the more loopy calligraphy ones, and maybe something different for the photography part too.

13. ishkey

I'm beginning to believe that, being a photographer,
    your really have to have a good eye and be able to express one's self.
    eyeon.jpg

14. 1970Forest

I will wait for you to go through and find the fonts you like, then go from there

15. erikaorr

erikaorr New Member

I like the fonts "Throw my hands up in the air", "Jellyka - Estreya's Handwriting", "Airplanes in the Night Sky", "eliza jane", "Luna bar". Those are all cute.

16. 1970Forest

Like this?

Attached Files:

17. erikaorr

erikaorr New Member

Its great. Thank you.

18. 1970Forest

So do you need this?

19. Juliano Correa

Juliano Correa New Member