1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Personal logo please

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Enclavean, Apr 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enclavean

Enclavean Member

Hey Guys and Girls.

1) What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
    Two versions, one with a capital "E" and one with a "J"

2) What is your website address?
    N/A

3) Description of your website or business:
    I need this logo to represent myself, Enclavean.

4) Have you found any logos/designs on the web that you feel convey
    the style you are looking for?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Ive admired Apple's logo for a long time now. Everyone recognizes it, and it can be used everywhere and with different colors. And i love how "green apple" managed to place their "g" so stylishly in the logo, beautiful indeed.

Even on the back of the iPhone it looks beautiful:

[​IMG]

And even the iMac:
    [​IMG]

I just love it can be used in lots of places, and even in all these colors its easily recognizable. I want people to be able to see the logo, and recognize me. Without looking at the username.

5) Requested size of your logo:
    High Res, and different size versions.

6) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo?
    N/A

7) What logo styles do you like?
    Image Only, with the "E" (and one with a "J") in it. Like the green apple logo above.

A simple but stylish text-only logo that says "Enclavean" will be appreciated. And it must be able look good when its next to the image-only logo.
    (NOTE: The image-only logo is the most important one, please create that one first.)

8) What colors do you want to see in your logo?
    I would like 3 versions of it, one in Red, one in Blue (dark), and one in black.

9) What colors do you NOT want to see in your logo?
    Pink, or anything girlish, or cartoonish.

10) Describe the target audience for your logo
    Teens, and young adults.

11) What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
    That im cool, and that people will remember the logo, and the name "Enclavean"

12) Where will your logo be used (print, website, etc.)?
    Anything i do internet related. Like youtube videos, i will put the logo in the corner of the video. On forums it will be in my avatar and signature, etc.

13) Do you have other info or links you want to share?
    The reason its a capital "E" in the logo, is obviously because of my username.
    But my real name starts with a "J", so i would like a version with a J too, in case i need it in real life.

14) Finally we need is there a style font you prefer, please let us know.
    N/A

I'm sorry if i posted this too soon after getting my last logo, I'm not in a hurry and im willing to wait. I will also try to contribute as much as i can to this forum.

Thanks
    ~Enclavean

2. GG

GG Active Member

So you want something that says 'E' and 'J'? Just a one letter design?

I think I remember you posting a link to create custom text..just use that since it's only for your avatar and representing yourself and not a business. So using online sites that help you create one yourself would be fine. Or download GIMP and look at tutorials and have a go at it. Would be a good way to test your skills.

3. Enclavean

Enclavean Member

Not exactly, i want an image-only logo, with a single letter in it.

Well, i guess thats image and text. ;)

4. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Looks like you've started your own project on this one Enclavean.

Find an image you like (obviously not the Apple logo) and play like mad on PS.
    Keep posting up what you come up with, then others I'm sure with help you on your way. It's a great way of learning and normally the end product is far better than you first thought.

look forward to seeing what you have so far

5. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

here you can start with my apple.
    The Easter Bunny dropped it off with a note.
    "Sorry Ran Out Of Jelly Beans"

apple.png

6. Enclavean

Enclavean Member

As cool as it sounds to design something myself, i just dont see myself being able to.
    Ive like NEVER designed anything, at all......

I just have basic PS skills like removing backgrounds, or cropping images. I dont have any skills for designers tool. (Heck, im not even sure how you people do it. Do you like draw it on paper first??)

"find an image you like" Know any good sites with logo designs?

EDIT: I see ishkey posted while i was typing. But an "apple" doesnt really fit what i like. Apples were in the examples above because thats the only one i found that looked exactly like my style.

7. 1970Forest

Even the Easter Bunny has been hit by the recession.....lol

8. 1970Forest

start by looking up 'Photoshop Shapes' when you find shapes you like download the file then upload to PS, then search PS Tutorials, there are thousands on how to create anything you've seen on the web

Heres a starter for you TUTS

9. ishkey

Head Scratch???
    (remember I'm from another generation - starting to thing maybe another universe)
    follow 1970Forest advise

10. Enclavean

Enclavean Member

LOL, what i meant was, i like Apple's style. Its a beufiul shape, can be recognized easily etc. But for my logo i dont want an apple. I want the same concept (Beautiful shape, easily recognizable etc) but not the shape of an apple.

Maybe something among the lines of a circle. Yeah thats it, that can be where i start.

11. ishkey

Sure glad that has been clarified because of #4
    4) Have you found any logos/designs on the web that you feel convey
    the style you are looking for?

(alright I'm just from another generation - still in this universe)

12. Enclavean

Enclavean Member

Tried to make one, and ugh, i suck.

Attached Files:

13. 1970Forest

Something simple for you (PNG by the way)

Attached Files:

• eng.png
      eng.png
      File size:
      148.3 KB
      Views:
  14. Enclavean

Enclavean Member

I dont like that outer blue ring is so big. Could you make it smaller? (like, a lot smaller)

Attached Files:

• eng2.png
      eng2.png
      File size:
      167.8 KB
      Views:
  15. Enclavean

Enclavean Member

Here's my second attempt. (Pretty much started right from scratch)
    Also included one with a glow effect on it.

And we're talking about circle logos, the new iTunes logo is also one i think is beautiful.

Attached Files:

16. Enclavean

Enclavean Member

Here i tried to make the outer circle smaller. (As i stated above i dont want the outer circle too big)
    EDIT: I stated that kinda wrong. I didnt make the outer circle smaller, i made the inner one bigger.

Also added a glow effect to the letter "E"

Attached Files:

17. 1970Forest

See how quickly you are learning, practice practice practice practice and then some more :D

Tried something different

Attached Files:

• enc.png
      enc.png
      File size:
      68.8 KB
      Views:
  18. Enclavean

Enclavean Member

Not exactly what i was looking for. Im looking for something more modern and stylish. (Just a quick note: I prefer dark blue ;))

Lol, im still only doing basics like adding strokes, glowing effect, circles? :confused: But yeah, not sure if im actually "designing".

And this one i made earlier when i was messing around in photoshop. What i did was add an outer circle and cut out the corners.

Btw, it would really help if any member here would comment on my "attempts" and tell me what they think. (I can take the truth, if it straight out sucks just tell me)

Attached Files:

19. GG

GG Active Member

From your first design to this last attempt it's pretty amazing..I think the last one you just posted can be used but possibly lessen the glow around it a little I think it's a bit too much but other then that it's a great attempt and looks pretty good. Well done. :)

But yep this is all designing lol and as they say 'practice makes perfect' and you never know you could begin to make logos for others too but overall what you've done so far is pretty good so keep it up ;)

20. Enclavean

Enclavean Member

Thanks Double G. :D If i can actually start making designs for other people that will be great. (Always love helping people out)

But the one with the black background and outer circle isnt very good if you are... lets say putting it in a banner. Or putting it in the corners of YouTube videos. But things like avatars sure.

So i want opinions on the one i posted before the one with the outer ring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.