1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Next Generation Gaming

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by NXG50k, Sep 2, 2011.

1. NXG50k

NXG50k New Member

As this is a give and take site I wanted to get a little feed back on the site I am working on.

www.nextgeng4ming.com

2. upd8it

upd8it New Member

I will provide alot more info ASAP I'm just about to head home but thought I'd give yuo some quick feedback.

I like the site it's cool looking BUT I would realign things to match. for example the "Why would you do that box" has nothing beneath it but a space before you hit the "Click on Links For More Information". Also in this box i would size the images to all at least be the same size if you can't get them to be exact same dimensions. Perhaps add a hover over to explain what the images link to aswell?

Final piece of quick feedback is your google ads. Make the back ground transparent and text white to match the rest of your site.

Hope some of this helps and I look forward to looking around the rest of your site!

Cheers

Mike

3. NXG50k

NXG50k New Member

Thanks Mike I will get right on that, as soon as I can keep it coming

4. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

Page SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
    Your Title:
    <title>NEXT GENERATION G4MING</title>
    22 characters (including spaces)
    Google allows up to 66 characters (including spaces)
    use them wisely.

Search Google for "Next Generation Gaming"
    If you are not on the first page, you need to do a little SEO.

Here is what Google says
    Changing a site title and description - Webmaster Tools Help
    -
    Listen to them, they make the rules.
    -
    falcon

5. BillyC

BillyC New Member

What I expected the same mistake was seen, the site is not system display friendly, I mean to say the site should be automatically adjusted to the gamers computer monitor.
    This is one of the prime problems, and interestingly designers often avoid the issue; but this is a very important factor. So I purposely visited the site in a CRT monitor which is also small in size; and found the problem is there. Half of the site in width wise is out of the screen, please first settle the problem, because the site will be visited by all type of gamers, they might not have big monitor, will in that case they cannot play?????? Hope so you will not want that........ :) :)

You settle up this problem and reply, after that I will see the other things....... :)

6. davew

davew New Member

Hummm on first glances i have a few suggestions to make,

based on my personal preferences the site layout seams to be a bit messy, bits and bob's seam to be all over the place, not 100% sure where to focus my eyes, or where i might begin to look for the things i'm after,

images that sit in the grey ish box could do with a blend or a frame around them, they kinda look just plonked onto the page, and then there's a black line 3/4 across the page that runs vertical in the back ground....

these are just my first glance opinions, i'm no expert but i have clocked up lots of time surfing and looking,

all the best and keep up with the work :)

Dave

7. nonexistent

nonexistent New Member

Hi

Your website looks too wide, scrolling left to right to see it all is a little annoying. And all the boxes are spread too far apart. It would look better if it was tighter. Otherwise, I like how your links up on top are horizontal and simple.

8. gennady7

gennady7 New Member

I personally like the website. But as other have mentioned, the website is too wide. For me, its perfect because I'm using my flat screen tv as a monitor. Another issue is that when the page loaded for me, everything was skewed to the right.

I think your on the right track. You just need a few tweaks here and there and it will be a great website for gamers to visit.

9. mvasquez547

mvasquez547 New Member

I enjoy your site, my only suggestion would be your grammar. Use correct capitilization where needed. Also, some minor mispelled words i.e. Forum. Other than that, I enjoyed your color scheme and information.

10. NeilMessham

NeilMessham New Member

Looks good but as said the width is an issue plus I think it'd look better with boxes for the tabs rather than just text. Also the drop down menu on the NGG Poker House is difficult to read with the grey on orange text.

Looking good though :)

11. Donisthorpe FC

Donisthorpe FC New Member

Hi,

Im new to this site, website looks good, only thing i can pick up on has already been mentioned, i had to scroll left and right as the webpage didnt auto adjust to my monitor.

Apart from that looks great :)

Adam

12. adams33

adams33 Banned

What I expected the same mistake was seen, the site is not system display friendly, I mean to say the site should be automatically adjusted to the gamers computer monitor.
    This is one of the prime problems, and interestingly designers often avoid the issue; but this is a very important factor. So I purposely visited the site in a CRT monitor which is also small in size; and found the problem is there. Half of the site in width wise is out of the screen, please first settle the problem, because the site will be visited by all type of gamers, they might not have big monitor

13. mandykw

mandykw New Member

Try adding a little more written content.

The site is nice overall. It seems to have a nice picture gallery, and the forums look nice as well. The blog looks okay too, but the home page I would add some type of site introduction explaining your site. It did not seem too wide for my computer, but I make everything very small on my screen. Anyway hope this helps, and good luck with your site.;)

14. magical

magical New Member

I like it. Pages flow, nice colours. Clear and easy to get around. Only negative is as already mentioned regarding sizing.

15. BS_8

BS_8 New Member

Not sure if you have change the width or if it is the comp I'm on but I didn't have a problem with it.

It is sleak and stylish and pretty modern.

I was a little frustrated with the 'Please Check Your Email' box, as it could be presented better.