1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Newbie- How to edit images in my template?

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by PrissiDe, Jan 25, 2008.

1. PrissiDe

PrissiDe New Member

Hello,
    This is my first time to ever use templates. I have a template that I downloaded, extracted, and then opened the psd template file in photoshop and am trying to change the pictures. I am completly confused! I am trying to change the text of the header but can not figure out how to save that part of the picture so that it will fit into my already sliced template? Can someone please explain to me how this will work? I edited the template but I am not sure how to save it to html? I read somewhere on this form that you had to save it to html inside on image ready, but that it must be sliced....If the template already can silced does it need to be sliced agian before saving it? I am so confused.

Agian I am new at this so any help would be much appreciated. :confused:

2. el_tenedor

el_tenedor New Member

The header text is a part of the image and you may only edit it from a PSD file. Enter the text you need, then crop the header image and save it. You can either save it with a filename that is the same as a present header's filename (check it by right-clicking on the header image in browser, then choose "properties" and see the name there) or save the header with another name (this will require you to change the filename in a HTML code).
    Upload the new image into the "images" directory in "public_html" and it is all ready!