1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites New Website! Please check it out!

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by pleasewebegyou, May 22, 2008.

1. pleasewebegyou

pleasewebegyou New Member

Hey everyone! :) I just made this new website for me and my boyfriend of 2 years! Tell me what you think! Also... does anyone know any free ways to promote the website and get more people to view it? What could I do different to get people to look at it longer than just a few seconds?

www.freewebs.com/pleasewebegyou

2. Linx

Linx Member

Hello!

I really like the general design and color scheme, it evokes pleasant and cheerful feelings.

But what's the main purpose of your website? just to get donations?

And if you want to get people to look at it longer than just a few seconds, interest them with the help of useful content (articles, news whatever). And frankly speaking, I don't like the site title.

Good luck!

3. emilypal

emilypal New Member

You should interest people in your relationship and in your personalities. All I know for now is that you would like everyone to donate money and advises to you. Please explain to everyone who visits your site why you are better than the others in the same situation. Is it only courage and a bit of self confidence that makes you deserve money and advices or what?

4. eVentureBiz

eVentureBiz New Member

Hello - here are some suggestions:

May want to put a donate button near the top of the page and above the fold (the landing page's first view people see without scrolling down).

Under the donate area you tell people who already have a Pay Pal account how to send money. Most people who already have a Pay Pal account probably already know this stuff. Therefore, instead of adding this "extra" content which takes away from your need, simply create a sentence with a link like: "If you already have a Pay Pal account but don't know how to send money, click sending money in Pay Pal."

The line that says:

Please visit our page on digitalcharity.com by clicking here.

You should consider deleting the link "here" and making the link digitalcharity.com. By creating a link on the word "here," you are telling search engines that the word "here" is important because it's a link. Obviously, this isn't the case.

Also, the first block of text on your homepage is a bit too much. Consider breaking up that big paragraph for easier screen reading.

One thing that might also help is returning the favor in some way. What can you do for those that donate? What are your majors?
    - Graphic artist? Offer to help someone in a design.
    - Accounting? Offer some tax advice.
    ....etc.

Give a little to get a little.

SEO STUFF:

To get indexed a little better in search engines, try adding a keywords meta tag in your website's code, if you know how.

Reformat your website's title. Your title is one of the most important things when it comes to SEO (search engine optimization). Probably one of your biggest keywords is the word "donate." Make sure that word is in your title.
    For example, try this title:
    Make a donation and help a young couple our of college out of debt.

Try to improve on it. That's just a first idea.

Good luck and trust me . . . I FEEL YOU on the school debt thing. My parents said they'd pay it but didn't. Thus, I never planned for it and got stuck with a huge bill - not $150k though.

5. pleasewebegyou

Thanks!

Thanks guys, I'm making some changes now! And I'm working on an idea of what we could do for donors :) Thanks for your suggestions! If anyone has any ideas for what we could do for donors or any other website ideas, or ideas for other content we could include please post! :)

6. kathyper

kathyper New Member

Hi, I'll try to be honest. I don't like those who are begging. I like those who are doing something useful with their own brains and hands. You've created a funny looking site. Why don't you earn some money creating similar designs per requests?

7. cyberquest

cyberquest New Member

I have to make this line at least 10 characters in order to post:

X2

8. unibul

unibul New Member

The design looks good, overall. I would reduce the content in your home page, though. I think it is way too much and it needs some organizing as well. You have way too many empty fields, as you scroll down. The bigger issue is the donation requests. Try and provide something to the community first and the donations might come.

9. pleasewebegyou

In case you didn't notice, I'm providing relationship advice.