1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites New website for review & a question also

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by la belle epoque, May 14, 2008.

1. la belle epoque

la belle epoque New Member

Hello everyone,

I have read many threads over recent weeks and it has helped me get my head around building my website, which in hindsight was very simple using msofficelive but it doesnt seem that way when you start up with no knowledge.

My site for review is www.labelleepoquefrance.com and I also have www.labelleepoquefrance.co.uk which is the same.

I have just had my site translated into french by my tutor (on paper) and I want to make my site translate into french by clicking on the french flag at the top, problem is I havent a clue on how to go about it. Could someone point me in the right direction.

Many thanks
    Bob

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Considering the fact that you understand your limits at this stage. One easy way would be to add the flags to the main page. Point the French flag to a new directory, in which is the exact copy of your english web but all the text is in French. Make sure all your links and pointers are for the French version and why not put the flags on the French page also incase they want to go back to english.

3. la belle epoque

I have rejigged the site and done what you said but only in the main page at the moment as lots of translation to add. Cheers

4. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

I would remove the target command in the links to switch langs
    <a href="/FrancaisPagedaccueil.aspx" target="_blank">
    This way when you click for the change, the same browser will stay open instead of opening a seceond one.
    Otherwise you are on to a good start.
    Keep us informed.

5. emilypal

emilypal New Member

Your design looks nice and welcoming. I also enjoyed watching photo gallery. Your site is easy to navigate. You did a great work as for the beginner. Good luck to you.

6. pezboy45

pezboy45 Mod/Design & Coder [Pro]

I see that you changed it to no new page opening links.

Looking good.

7. la belle epoque

many thanks for the replies and the advice. I just need to add all the new pages in french, should be done in a few days.

Thanks again
    Bob

8. pezboy45

pezboy45 Mod/Design & Coder [Pro]

Alright.
    I'll check back this weekend.

9. Linx

Linx Member

Great design!The whole site looks neat and welcoming! The pleasant color scheme symbolizes harmony and freshness and evokes cheerful feelings.

The photo gallery is really amazing and intriguing. I wish I could visit this place :)

Best of luck with your project!

10. pleasewebegyou

pleasewebegyou New Member

great site

Very nice website. Elegant design. I love the large pictures. What a lovely place!

11. kathyper

kathyper New Member

As for me it's the sample of perfect design for a small business. I really mean it. You have inserted wonderful pictures and you've created an easy-to-navigate structure for your website. I enjoyed seeing your site!

12. unibul

unibul New Member

It looks all right but also it looks just like every other real estate website out there.