1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy New team badge required - help!

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Liamo, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liamo

Liamo New Member

All,

Been trying, unsuccessfully, to design a new badge for my Saturday football side. I haven't got a clue in all honesty!

1) What is your website address?

http://www.manorathletic.com

I have only just purchased/leased the domain so the site isn't up and running yet.

2) Description of your website:

Saturday Football Team - Basically a place where we can collate all the stats and photographs of the team and players as well as providing links to other sites and a discussion forum.

3) List 3 logo designs you really like & why:

Croatia football team badge: - however with vertical red and white stripes instead of the checked version.

We have a thirty five year assosiation with a dutch side and we like the idea of incorporating a Union flag (GB) and a Netherlands flag either side of the ball in this design. (GB flag to left of ball, Netherlands to the right)

[​IMG]

Athletico Madrid badge: - For this design we would like to lose the stars and the image of the bear with the tree. Replacing the dark blue with a royal blue. We would like an image of a football in the white space with a Union Flag (GB) & Netherlands Flag incorporated somehow into this area.

[​IMG]

Barcelona badge: - in this design we would like the yellow and red stripes replaced by the netherlands flag. The cross of St.George could remain although it would be also nice to see the design with a union flag in that position.
    The FCB to be replaced by Manor Athletic AFC
    The stripes would also be red and white below - keeping the football in situ.
    [​IMG]
    Also if I can be really cheeky...

a fourth that I like is the Steaua Bucharest one - just the shape really. I'd be interested to see what you could come up with on the basis of what i have mentioned on the previous 3 designs.

[​IMG]

4) Requested size of your logo:

Just the usual required for a football shirt... Whatever that is!

5) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo ( only copyright free ones )?

I've got the current badge, don't know who drew it, how or why. Sadly i can't seem to paste it here - tried to attach it though.

6) Any colors you prefer?

Team colours are the same as the Athletico Madrid strip basically. Red and white striped top, royal blue shorts and socks.

I would really appreciate any help you can provide and if the work is half as good as what i have previously seen on your site i'll be over the moon!

thanks in advance just for taking the time to have a look any help much appreciated.

Liam

Attached Files:

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

That last image above, is that
    the one you're talking about in the above quote?

Anyhow, give me a day or so to pull something together.

3. Liamo

Liamo New Member

Sorry - But yes that is the old/Current club badge. Pretty awful I think you'll agree. Don't think any of it is any use - even the font is shocking.

Thanks for having a go CP I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with as the ones i've seen you create on here are excellent! No pressure!!

Thanks

Liam

4. CovertPea

What do you think of these two?

5. Liamo

Liamo New Member

Thanks CP, really like the design. Would there be any chance you could show me the white version of your design with the yellow coloured outering from the Athletico Madrid badge?

Think the design you have created for our badge, in whatever the finished border colour is, will look superb on our kit and on the web page when I finally get it up and running.

Massive thanks :)

6. CovertPea

Like this?

7. Liamo

Liamo New Member

[​IMG]
    ha, ha - Sorry about this CP I think I didn't make myself clear I meant would it be possible to add the yellow outer to this badge that you designed.

Are these images easily transfered for printing on Kits, t-shirts and Tracksuits etc...

once again thanks,

Liam

8. CovertPea

Outer?
    Do you mean the white background layer that's under the logo?
    I'm not sure what the process is for logo additions to clothing. I would have thought they'd be an embroidered 'patch' that gets sewn on. At least that's what they do with my hubby's firey uniforms.

As for t-shirts... I'm guessing that would be a screen print (the original kind not the computer kind LOL) where the colours are inked on separately. In the case of the above logo, I'd say they'd ink over a white t-shirt with red, blue and black. The white of the shirt serving as the white part of the design. Now if it's a yellow shirt, there'd be a 4 colour process.
    Best bet would be to ask around other clubs to see how they've done theirs.
    (Or google football kit printing)
    In the printing game, whether it be on clothes, mugs or biz cards, most are computer aided and use a Photoshop psd (flattened) file as the standard requirement.

9. Liamo

Liamo New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I do apologise.

Basically in your first two designs I like the design and colours. I was interested in seeing those two designs with the yellow piping that you have placed around the outside of the third badge. The words Manor Athletic can remain as they are in designs one and two.

Hope that I have explained it a little better this time.

Thank you once again,

Liam

10. CovertPea

Finally got round to it...

11. Liamo

Liamo New Member

Thanks CP - looks great. Do I need a link to download these badges that you have created for me. I will need them for printing so as you recommended before the psd version would be favourable.

Once again thank you very much for all your time and effort - the badge will look superb on all our gear regardless of which one we end up choosing!

Thanks,

Liam

12. CovertPea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.