1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites new free services need ideas

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by bmcoll3278, Jun 28, 2009.

1. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

Hey all
    My site is about a month old I am offering free services. I know it is kind of plain
    I think simple easy to use is good. You guys may tear it apart. But I would like both opions on how to improve it and ideas of free services to offer . I can do my own php to a point deff. not a pro. So any ides would be great Thanks

http://www.totradegames.com

2. deyounggerry

deyounggerry New Member

It is in dire need of organization. All the text at the top is repetitious in the body. Privacy Stament needs fixed. You have a whole column of warnings. I am not sure what this is all about. Warning: include(ttp://app.feed.informer.com/digest3/OXFCEUO5VG.html) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bmcoll32/public_html/index.php on line 90

Warning: include(ttp://app.feed.informer.com/digest3/OXFCEUO5VG.html) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bmcoll32/public_html/index.php on line 90

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'ttp://app.feed.informer.com/digest3/OXFCEUO5VG.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bmcoll32/public_html/index.php on line 90
    Keep trying. In the meantime I think MSN has nothing to worry about me changing my home page. LOL. The greatest redeeming value is the colors. Nice and simple.

3. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

I just saw the Warning myself . it is a rss feed that must be down at the moment.

4. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

The site looks disorganized.
    Group like items together and place them under a heading
    List the heading in a menu
    You then can design a menu (dropdown, flyout, or static)
    This should help organize the page
    Look at other similar sites to see how they organized their page and
    how they used a menu
    Search Google for free menu software (they have menu makers for
    CSS, Javascript, and PHP) also they have online menu makers
    You can try several and then choose.
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

5. reganstar

reganstar New Member

Not a very friendly site, very disorganized, no menu, not colored at all and to the free stuff are to simply presented.

6. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

Thanks for the comments guys. I have changed the url to bmcoll.com
    something generic. I am to tired tonight but I will look into organizing it tomorrow.

7. navyfalcon

I ran your web page through a webpage analyzer
    This is the result

Keywords:
    PROBLEM SOLUTION
    You do not have any Meta-Tag Keywords in your site. These are crucial to your sites search engine positioning. You need to include Meta-Tags in your site. You can do this by using our FREE Meta-Tag generator, Click Here. For more information on Keyword Meta-Tags Click Here.

Title:
    You are using your Title effectively
    Your Title is:
    Bmcoll free classifieds to buy sell or trade free email accounts
    PROBLEM SOLUTION
    You are not using your keywords within your Title effectively, you are using 0 of your keywords in your Title, when you should use at least 2. We suggest that you add a couple of your keywords into your TITLE Tag, if possible. For more information on the Title Tag Click Here.

Description:
    PROBLEM SOLUTION
    You do not have a Description Meta-Tag in your site. This is important to your sites search engine positioning. You need to include a Description Tag in your site; this should be just a brief description about your site and should include your company name and couple of your main keywords. You can do this by using our FREE Meta-Tag generator, Click Here. For more information on Description Meta-Tags Click Here.

Body:
    You are using your Keywords as follows in the body of your page:
    PROBLEM SOLUTION
    You are not using your keywords within the body of your page effectively, you are using 0 of your keywords in the body of your page, when you should use at least 5. We suggest that you add some of your keywords into the body of your main page. For more information on the body section of a page Click Here.

File Sizes:
    Home Page 7.66Kb
    http://www.bmcoll.com//images/header_bg.jpg' alt='bmcoll.com'> Web Search
    0.01Kb
    Total 7.68Kb
    Your File Size is good.

Download Time:
    Time Taken To Download
    On A 56Kbs Modem 2.21 Seconds
    On 128Kbs DSL 0.97 Seconds
    On 512Kbs DSL/Cable 0.24 Seconds
    On 1024Kbps DSL/Cable 0.12 Seconds
    Your Download Time is good.

What Google says about meta tags
    http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35264&topic=8522
    -
    You may want to address this issue
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

8. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

The wierd thing is the tags are there did you view source code? Some analyzers dont work all that well.

9. navyfalcon

<title>Bmcoll free services email and business cards</title>

Your title contains 45 characters, Google displays about 64 - suggest adding some more with
    keywords

<meta name='keywords' content='free,classifieds,free stuff,free email,trade,games,movies,
    dvds,internet speed test,auto,Real Estate,Employment,books,free web hosting,youtube videos,
    send text messages from computer,send ring tones from computer,free business cards' />

Keywords check in wordtracker (note: free alone is considered a stop word, suggest you combine
    it with classifieds - check trade use - it appears that you checked your keywords except for
    trade and free)

4543 free classifieds
    1592 free classified ads
    1377 classifieds
    807 classified ads
    5366 free stuff
    4932 free email
    3773 free email accounts
    2642 free email address
    1374 free email providers
    439 trade
    34179 games
    13132 free games
    17859 movies
    12594 free movies

<meta name='description' content='free classifieds free stuff free email dvds internet speed
    test free web hosting youtube videos send text messages from computer send ring tones from
    computer free business cards' />
    -
    The page analytics may have used an archived page
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

10. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

Ok thanks for all the advise from everyone. I have changed the site url to http://bmcoll.com and organized the site as well as verified the html code I think it looks much better now If you guys could take a second look that would be great.