1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Need some help please

Discussion in 'General' started by dolanm56, Jul 18, 2007.

1. dolanm56

dolanm56 New Member

Hi im new to the whole website and server thing i currently have my own website but dont know the first thing about replacing the layout and web design i have at present i downloaded one of your templates and would like some help if possible to be able to put this on my website and give it a new and more professional look and feel to it.

I changed the template txt content etc put some pics and other stuff on the templates and saved the files as index.html and some pics have been replaced with the ones i made using the same names etc as they were before but the problem im having is i uploaded the files using my servers java ftp client the files are on the server but when i tried to redirect the folder with the template to appear on my website i got a blank page with cannot find server or server does not exist something or other does anyone know what im doing wrong as i really dont have a clue and im sick of using the live pages as they just look tacky

Thanks

Dolanm56