1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Need help

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by Socks, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Socks

Socks New Member

Hello, I hope this is the right spot to post. I was going to use one of your templates but I couldn't figure out how to use the css coding and get my own images in there. I want to say you guys do an awesome job here. I have learnd a little bit here and there :) thanks to this site

I made my own template today. I am new at this stuff and the only thing I know how to do is design. It's been such a long time since I use html.

The main thing I am having a problem with, is setting up template and slices. I want the guild info box to be able to stretch as I add text without disorting the slices. Is that possible without css knowledge? I tried using a layer, but I don't want a scroll bar.

Any advice and direction would be very helpful and appricated. If you need to see my template i'll post it up. It's just a jpg for now. I'm still learning about all this fun stuff hehe.

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

This seems to be a multi part question...
    Part 1: Easy method - Open the image dir, find the pic you want to replace, example rename Pic_1.jpg to Pic_1orig.jpg.
    Now copy your graphic into the image dir and rename it Pic_1.jpg, open the index.html file and your pic should show up.

Part 2: Google for Photo Shop tutorials, then slice and dice using psd files.