1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Need Help With My Host Provider

Discussion in 'General' started by Dizzie92, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Dizzie92

Dizzie92 New Member

Well Im switching over to www.000webhost.com . It has php and mysql. Im trying to run the install, and it works but I get stopped at this one part. It asks for database type which is MYSQL, then the DSN which I dont know, the port which Im leaving blank, the database name, the user name and password. I enter then name as I set it in the cpanel database (a1742600_Forums) and I put the username to (a1742600_Dizzie) what I created the user as in cpanel. But I keep getting this error message

"
    Could not connect to the database, see error message below.
    Access denied for user 'a1742600_Dizzie'@'localhost' to database 'a1742600_Forums'
    "
    So what do I have to do to get this working?

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Your question is a bit confusing. Your host has a control panel which makes it very easy to install a database and does not ask for DSN or a port. User name is normally the log in name your host has given you when you signed up. This is how the host knows which area is set aside for you. In anything you do in cpanel your user name should be the same as you are the admin, your password can always change. You can add others with different rights and passwords to use your db. Your post sounds like you are using Wampserver or another server on your own pc to test some program before you upload it. The error code you see is a mismatch between login and password.

http://www.mysql.com/ maybe can help.