1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

HTML Need Help with a Form please

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by Stupidesigner, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Stupidesigner

Stupidesigner Member

Hello everybody.
    I would like to create an contact form in my website, I follows steps shown by a tutorials and have some questions:

-My host provided me this cgi-bin path: "/home/scroll/htdocs/cgi-bin"
    Do I need to type it in the ACTION field in the form?
    -should I insert an invisible field to put my email to receive the contact information by inserting it anywhere inside the form?

most tutorials do not talk about this part.

your answer is more appretiated.

Thanks

2. Connor

Connor Moderator / Programmer

Why are you doing that? Why not just go simple and do:

Code:
    <form id="Contact" name="Contact Me Form" method="post" action="mailto:< Put your email address here >">
    Name: <input type="text" name="Name" /><br />
    Email Address: <input type="text" name="Email" /><br />
    <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Send it" />
    </form>
    It's really rare for anyone to acctually look into your source and get your email address... even though it does happen sometimes.

3. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

Or if you want something that is super simple and you just have to 'copy & paste' you can use a nifty little form that I used to use a lot. You can take a look here http://tesol.net/scripts/AutoCGIMail/ before I started using php for everything, I used this a lot. Hope this helps :)

4. cameronsims

cameronsims New Member

hi, a simple form would be www.freedback.com - you create the questions etc, and at the end you get a html code to copy and paste into website. I am also in need of a web template all coded if anyone knows how to do so. I also have a un-coded template which I could just get coded.

5. Stupidesigner

Stupidesigner Member

Hi Thank you fr teh information.
    Yes this is what I did, I am looking to do it myself, I did the whole form but confused where to put my email that teh form will be sent to, mailto:email_address does not work with most browser.
    What is coding a template? and how to do it?
    :)