1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Need help please...template updated

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by hcstraub, Apr 8, 2007.

1. hcstraub

hcstraub New Member

I downloaded the 'Clothes Fashion Template" and updated the .psd in photoshop CS to meet my needs. It looks really good, but now I am stuck. Graphically, I am able to do a lot in Photoshop, but I have never sliced a graphic or used a template.
    I assume you slice it to keep the graphic small, but I am confused what do to with my text. I have saved it in .psd, but have not used imageready or 'saved optimized for web' yet.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Here is a link to my update to the template: LINK

I am willing to learn, do what it takes, I just need some help/direction.

Thank you very much.

2. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

The thing is you have to know how to slice properly for CSS...I will see if I can help. I am using a friends laptop right now though so I will see if he minds me loading photoshop onto it, if not I will be more than happy to help you out.

:)

3. hcstraub

hcstraub New Member

Lisa,
    Thank you, please let me know if your friend is up to it.
    Can you point me to something that explains CSS? I am using NetFusion 9 as an HTML program, what are the steps to get it ready for Netfusion? Slicing, then CSS, then it is ready as a background?

Thanks

4. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

5. hcstraub

hcstraub New Member

Thanks Lisa, CSS looks a little beyond me, but I will work through the tutorial. If I can get some help slicing, I can see if I will will need help with CSS. Would the original template have a CSS coding? Any chance I could use that?

Thanks

6. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

I know how to code for CSS I am just not familiar with Netfusion...actually my specialty is Photoshop and CSS. So when I find out about Photoshop I will be able to do both for you.

7. hcstraub

hcstraub New Member

Thanks! I also have Dreamweaver(on my other machine) and I am looking at getting NVU. If either of those are better, I will take the time to figure them out as well.
    If there is anything I can do to help, support or questions I can answer, please let me know.

8. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

No problem. I have talked to my friend and he says it is fine to load Photoshop onto his laptop, but tonight is movie night with him and a few of my friends and family members, so I won't get to it until sometime tomorrow. NVU is pretty good, it is a lot like Frontpage but one important factor...IT'S FREE!!!!

9. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

I am getting ready to work on your request. I will post here once I am finished. :)

10. hcstraub

hcstraub New Member

Thanks Lisa!

11. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

No problem...why don't you PM me your email addy and I will email you the new zip file, since I have now finished with it.... :)