1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites My two websites, let me know what you think of them?

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by neighberaaron, Aug 11, 2007.

1. neighberaaron

neighberaaron New Member

Hey all, I got two sites. http://geekstopspot.com and http://filmindustryzone.com
    First one is mainly just a forum, but we're working on a support desk, as well as hosting. Let me know if you need hosting, I can get it dirt cheap, whatever you need. ;)
    Second one is a video commercial site. I do anything from editing videos, to taping and editing weddings, and much more. More info on the site.
    So what do you think guys?
    -aaron

2. wml2005

wml2005 New Member

Great job on the filmindustryzone.com site! I love the graphics and the navigation buttons. Just a few suggestions:

With so little text on your home page, left column, you might want to align left the text rather than justify it. I think the first line of this column should read: "If you're looking for . . . "

Have a link to register near your login prompt. And to motivate registrations, explain the benefits of becoming a user or member.

I think that the second paragraph on the About Us page would work better on your home page. Tell people right up front what you do. Describe each service a little more. For ideas, you might want to look up similar businesses on the Web. Connect each service to a picture or icon to make it easier for the viewer to read through your information. Include the pricing with each service description. No need to make people shift to another page.

Is your service only provided locally? If so, where are you? Or can people mail you their videos? If this is the case, how does it work?

On the About Us page, you could write more about yourself. You're 15 . . . How did you got started? What do you like/love about the services you provide? What do you hope to achieve in the next five years? Any success stories that inspired you . . .

On your contact page, you might want to make your email address line a link. :)

Good luck. You're amazingly bright!