1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites My Template So Far

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Dizzie92, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Dizzie92

Dizzie92 New Member

Here is the design I've been working on [HERE]. I know its very basic but please give me the 100% truth of what you think and how I can improve.

CREDIT FOR THE BACKGROUND OF MY TEMPLATE GOES TO JAMIE WONG OF JAMIE-WONG.COM

2. Linx

Linx Member

Hello Dizzie92!
    When i first saw your template, i said: "Wow! Cool!" It is so dynamic, expressive and original!
    But after staring at it for some time my eyes got tired from the overly bright color scheme. It left my eyes strained. The abruptly changing colors attract visitors but draw their attention away from the site content.
    IMHO, it would be better to stretch the site header across the template width.

Anyway, great job!
    Good luck!

3. eVentureBiz

eVentureBiz New Member

Hey Dizzie. I agree with Linx. The picture is beautiful but I don't think it's a great background for a website. The picture takes front stage when it's your content that should. Also, I'm not a big fan of links sideways (left menu). I think most people are use to a certain format, but . . . I'm all about being different so it's a toss-up.

Anyway, looks pretty, but I think that image would be better placed as a header or something.

Best of luck,

4. Dizzie92

Dizzie92 New Member

My Idea

What Im working on right now is putting another table in the middle. So only part of the picture will be there so it wont be so WHOA! IN YOUR FACE. Do you think that it will look better?

5. eVentureBiz

eVentureBiz New Member

yup. That would probably work.

6. emilypal

emilypal New Member

Your site’s name and slogan are important, though it’s also important to specify what kind of goods or services the site offers. It should be understood from the first sight. I liked the picture and I think it could be left the way it is now. The only thing I prefer to be added to the homepage is some information regarding site’s content.

Frankly speaking no one want to break his/her neck while looking at such buttons as “ATM Fight”, “Journals”, “History” and “Favorites” :rolleyes: Don’t you think it will be better to place them at the top of your page? So everyone could read them in the most convenient way :)

These are my advices but I really liked what I see at your template!

7. Linx

Linx Member

I think it will be better.
    Looking forward to seeing the updated template.

Good luck!

8. kaiko327

kaiko327 New Member

this would be really cool if it was a flash site.
    but yeh if theres a table sort of thing in the middle which i suspect there would be this will still be pretty cool.