1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Motorsports site logo.

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Jholden, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jholden

Jholden Member

Wow just found this site, but there is alot of good work. Well ill get to the questions i guess, hopefully i will include enough information to help.

1) What is your website address (ex: http://site.com ; Site Name)?
    2) Description of your website:
    I own a Motorsports site and race team. We have the parts store which is in the process of being built, but will house 345,000 OEM and Aftermarket Parts. Then the race team is set to compete in SCCA, NASA, and BMWCCA.

Side note we do road racing, not nascar, not dirt.
    3) List 3 logo designs you really like & why:
    I am a huge fan of RedBull and Rockstar so to incorporate that would be amazing but not necessary.

http://www.lizardms.com/images/newsite/topbanners/new/2.jpg - I like the layout of this one, just the logo tho not the extra side part.

http://www.g2motorsports.net/Engine Packages/G2logo180.jpg - i think this one looks flashy as well but isn't to over done.

http://www.geriarts.com/redlignweb/design/EVOMS-Logo.png - This one was really catchy to me.

http://ceoworld.biz/ceo/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Porsche-Logo.png - We use there car so kinda figured i would include it haha.

http://www.topnews.in/files/bmw-logo_0.jpg - Same reason, we race there cars.
    4) Requested size of your logo:
    High Res would be pref. but on size i can adjust if i need to. If you include just the .psd i can edit it from there and the remove any backfill color.
    5) Do you have any images/photos/clip art that can be used for the logo? (these must be copyright free)

6) Any colors you prefer?
    All our cars are painted Flat Black, with the exception of one being white. But i am not picky about the color of the logo. I am open to anything and any ideas.

2. Jholden

Jholden Member

Add on to #5, I do own all those images so they are copyright by Black Horse Motorsports inc.

3. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

I think it's great, except for the horse heads. Too much like the Godfather and not enough like the Raw Power we have given to our engines "Horsepower" after all Hp is how many horses would have to hitched to your buggy to equal the output of the engine.
    I think something more like rearing horses surrounding your crest.
    Here is my slight modification on your crest.
    Still tinkering with horses, they need more flowing mane, more of a wild mustang look, but you get the idea.

Attached Files:

4. ishkey

here it is with a better looking mane.

Attached Files:

5. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

:p
    Dave - I like the horse you've used. Having them facing inwards also gives the overall crest's design more 'uniformity'.

If I can add my 2 cents worth...
    The centre initials kind of let down the rest of the crest. Perhaps a more ornate font of just the "B" and "H" with the "MOTORSPORTS" and surrounding ribbon made larger?

6. ishkey

Thanks CP
    and I agree with you.
    Maybe Jholden will supply the psd so you can clean it up.
    here's my version

Attached Files:

7. Jholden

Jholden Member

Hey sorry i didnt get back soon, i was in the keys for a week then had to be at daytona for the testing. I like it i have 2 ideas that maybe we can work with i would love to get any ones view on. I like what you did with the logo i agree that the horse's facing in give it a better feel. I have included my .psd as you said you were looking to do something with the b h and m which could use work.

My other idea is a softer look. Kinda of like just the outline of the shield and the initials in it and maybe the words black horse motorsports. The intro i am gonna do is gonna have that dark feel to it. blacks, greys, and such. theres a few companys that i feel have that look:

Mobile Addictions | Automobiles, Cars, Vehicles | Home (right hand cornor/ dont like the red) like i said looking more toward grey,white, dark.

goldRush Rally - GR2KX (they have a cool logo in top left. Also tho 2nd row all the way to right the MA logo i like alot.)

HRE Performance Wheels – Official Site

These are my 2 favorite.
    http://www.360forged.com (i like how its colors are right and its soft)
    Home Page (alothught it has color i like it, and the crest)

8. Jholden

Jholden Member

Woops fergot to add the file.

Attached Files:

9. CovertPea

Moving into a different direction to your psd, what about this?

Attached Files:

10. Jholden

Jholden Member

Is it wrong to wanna kiss you CovertPea? I love it, its great. I kinda made a smaller version to just so i could use it on the corner of things. I added it, tell me what you think. Since this is your design if you don't think it fits i will pull it.

On a side not. do you have any ideas how i could try to figure it to work as a vinyl decal on some of our race cars, and sponsored cars? I wanna put it on the side of the car maybe at a angle or maybe on the hood like on the cars in this sites pics goldRush Rally - GR2KX

Attached Files:

11. CovertPea

There's some gradients with the above image, so I don't know how you'd go with making it into a vinyl decal.
    That's the draw back with the vinyl signage. Quick and easy to put together but limited in style.
    I used to be a signwriter many moons ago (the ancient kind that used a brush and real paint!) and I created my own gradients as I went along.

Maybe just the 'silvery' outer sheild with the horse in the centre?
    Like in the pic below on either a dark or light coloured car.

I suggest you have a word with your decal/sign guy and see what he recommends. Maybe they've advanced past the old cut, slap and peel sheets of single coloured vinyl sheeting. :D

Attached Files:

12. Jholden

Jholden Member

Yea i see what you mean. Hmm maybe some one else has a idea because all of our cars are flat black so i am looking to do either a white vinyl, gray, or maybe matte gold vinyl. So the one color is fine i just need to have it layed out so it looks great on the side of a car also.

13. Jholden

Jholden Member

Here is a really ghetto version of me trying, please anyone clean it up, change the color move it around. This is a huge key for me moving on.

Attached Files:

14. Jholden

Jholden Member

Like i said im am looking to do it in matte gold, white, or grey. Any ideas would be appreciated.

15. CovertPea

Maybe if you supplied zipped file of those 2 images prior to you adding the logo?

16. Jholden

Jholden Member

O sorry i must have mis phrased it. I am not looking for a image with the logo on the car. I am looking to have the image cleaned up so it looks like the one on the car. I want to have crisp lines,

17. CovertPea

Attached is zip of the logo as you wanted. One is a 'gold' colour, the other light grey. (As shown in the example image below)
    Both are hi-res png's. (no background)
    I've also included a vector version.

Attached Files:

18. Jholden

Jholden Member

Thank you, your are awesome.

19. Jiggles

Jiggles Member

IF you want the versions with the gradients then I'm sure if you wanted them done as vinal then it would be printed direct to it, cold laminated then applied. Having worked applying details to cars and vans thats how its done. So anything can be done.

20. Jholden

Jholden Member

Yea i wansnt looking for that tho, jus wanted to have something that could show the crest and and b horse m which was covered great. Thank you tho its good to know for future projects i can add gradients

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.