1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Motorcycle school logo ,,,maybe???

Discussion in 'Archived' started by barra, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barra

barra New Member

Hi guys, this seems like a fantastic site and its great to see people helping others out.
    Unfortunately I was blessed without a creative bone in my body...lol

I have been trying to put together a logo or branding name for my almost vocational motorcycle riding school.

The logo would be on my web page, on my business card ,shirt pocket, maybe the odd sticker etc so it would need to be fine enough to be reduced and still be identifiable.

I would like to combine a motorcycle vector thing, the type that looks like it was drawn with a marker pen or a motorcycle and rider cornering but the pic of just the outline. Does theat make sense?

in this style maybe

http://mototrades.com/images/motorcycle-logo.png

http://cms.fdu.edu/files/motologo.gif

http://www.iowmc.co.uk/images/IOW%20Motorcycle%20Logo.jpg

Or the arrangment of the words at an angle or shape that can become part of a shape that looks or forms part of a motorcycle .

I really like this one...not the words of course but the 3 curvey things. That might look good with Learn2ride in or on it???? http://motorcycle-frame-straighteni...face/motorcycle-industry-association-logo.jpg

can I be so bold as to say that I would prefer a sportsbike to be the pic and not a cruiser style machine??

What do you think

Many thanks in advance.

Barra

The name of the riding school is

Learn2Ride

1) What is your website address

www.learn2ride.net.au

2) Description of your website:

My website could be described as crap.. First attempt at anything like that, ever..! Going to have a revamp soon, hence the new logo..

3) List 3 logo designs you really like & why:
    See above

4) Requested size of your logo:

Is the logo to be used solely for the web? (low resolution) NO
    Will it be made into a poster or printed on shirts? (high resolution) Possible
    Do you need the final image in various sizes? (various resolutions) Great

5) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo? (must be copyright free)
    I could find something. Looking at maybe the outline of a bike and rider thats in a pic like this.. if it fits with everything..[​IMG]

6) Any colors you prefer?

I will probably stick with orange as the them in the website.

Is it possible to get the image in a way where I could easily change the colour to suit different background colours??

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

barra
    After looking over your site this morning, I just don't see where the pic in #5 above really fits your school of riding. Even your mini track isn't large enough to try teaching someone to ride like that. Maybe you should sick to your larger target audience and gain more students. Just my thoughts. Along those lines here is what I came up with.

Attached Files:

• l2r2.png
      l2r2.png
      File size:
      40.8 KB
      Views:
  3. barra

barra New Member

Hey that looks pretty cool.

I hope it didnt take you as long to do that as it took me to do this . [​IMG]

Its taken me hours..lol and I have done something to one of the pics and I cant reverse it..lol the odd little boxes have to go and the pic is just something to fill the spot. I am searching fo something not as agressive but in a sharp line form to fit in....

The Queensland Motorcycle School has to be left out of the logo as they are a different business to whom I sub contract. But the look is good. I like the integration of the bike with the letter e. How do you think of that stuff??lol

TYhe bike is a little too traditional. My main business is from people wanting to ride sports type bike ...although, will it matter?

The pic in #5 was just something indicative, not mandatory.

I will do some market research.

I really like the bike as part of the word...

cheers

thanks for your assistance..

BTW I am doing these picture in my serif web builder. it is very limiting. What is a good freeware program to get to give me a little more editing ability?

4. Tiptoe

Tiptoe New Member

The GIMP is a good and free program, but nowhere near photoshop.

5. ishkey

something along these lines

Attached Files:

• l2r.png
      l2r.png
      File size:
      50.2 KB
      Views:
  6. barra

barra New Member

Brain overload.....warning..warning.

That looks damn good too.

I like that one because there is anough room to add something like a phone number or town inside the circle perimeter if needed.

The only issue is the font. It may be difficult for it to be reproduced on signage..maybe. Is it better to have a more traditional font.?

Thanks again for your effort.

7. GG

GG Active Member

This one sounded interesting so thought ide give it a try :D

I like Ish's first design very creative for using the 'e' as the back wheel of the bike. He's always getting better.

Here's my try anyway...

L2R_logo.jpg

Let me know what you think :)

8. GG

GG Active Member

I don't really think you'd wanna add your contact details on your logo. A logo is to recognised your brand as soon as someone sees it they should know straight away who it is. You can keep the contact details on the website but I don't think you should put it on a logo.

9. ishkey

Yep - I would go with GG's
    It Would make for a great patch on a jacket, logo on the site, even for print.
    But there is just something about a Racing bike and the phrase Learn 2 Ride, which in my mind just doesn't go together.

10. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Thought I too would give it a go

Ish, great first logo with bike blending in with text, your second fantastic 'shop signage?'

Also think your right about the bike size, too many cc for a learner :rolleyes:

GG like it alot for printing etc nice design

Again at least it got be to play with some effects :eek:

Attached Files:

• b2b.jpg
      b2b.jpg
      File size:
      40 KB
      Views:
  11. barra

barra New Member

Another one. damn you guys are doing my head in.

I am looking for a more traditional style bike with not as much lean angle.

Just got to work out how to change a pic into a line drawing for simplicity..

Downloaded that Gimp program. Cant work out how it really works at the moment..lol

I am a dummy..

thanks for your help guys..+1

Also I dont only deal with people new to motocycling..experienced riders also learn ...lol

12. barra

barra New Member

I was thinking moreso when using it as a business card where the logo is quite prominent..maybe..
    I see what you mean though...

13. ishkey

barra
    How long have you been riding and what types of bikes and style riding have tickled your fancy over the years?

14. 1970Forest

Bara

if you have a picture in mind please post it, I've done 2 types for you just in case

Attached Files:

• bi.jpg
      bi.jpg
      File size:
      41.4 KB
      Views:
    • bi4.jpg
      bi4.jpg
      File size:
      26 KB
      Views:
  15. barra

barra New Member

16. ishkey

17. barra

barra New Member

HAHA. Its not as over as the other pic..lol

I have a couple of CBR1100xx, a ST1100, Kawasaki ER6n and half a dozen 250cc bike. The government make a fortune out of my registrations each year too. In fact they make more out of me than I earn..haha

oh well.

still looking for suitable pics.

I am having a hard time trying to work that gimp software out. I have tried to cut that bike out a hundred times , bloody thing.

18. 1970Forest

I tried Gimp for all of a week, and the updates etc were just hard to keep up with, but as a freebie not too bad.

This is the best I could get this to trace, will it do? if so are you ok to add it to your logo or would you still like help?

Also heve cut it out for you.

Attached Files:

19. barra

barra New Member

how the blazes did you do that so damn fast??

you are unbelievable..

thanks

20. 1970Forest

It's not too hard in photoshop CS5 (Illistrator).

So is it ok to close this thread if you have what you need or are you wanting a logo with this?

Please remember this is a give n take forum, so please do a website review or such like, or however your talents can help out around here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.