1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Modification (and a thank you)

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by hexilim, May 18, 2008.

1. hexilim

hexilim New Member

Hello,

First time poster here. I'm an aspiring level designer in Sweden. I needed a website to promote my work and saw this site. I found a template I really liked (Call of Duty 2 template on main page).

I just wanted to swing by and say thank you to whoever did the work on the template. It really helped me when I was in a tight spot. I'm currently rebuilding various parts of it and thought I'd link it here to show you what I'm doing with it.

http://hem.bredband.net/leveldes/

I've read around and from what I can tell this is an ok thing to do. I hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes for doing this. If the original creator so wish I will ofcourse add their name to the site. I'm very pleased with how the site is turning out.

Any tips/feedback/help would be welcome as I'm what you would call a "newb" when it comes to web-related designs.

Thank you once again // Pontus Bergengren

**EDIT** My apologies if I posted in the wrong section. It's somewhat hard to navigate your forum **EDIT**

2. pezboy45

pezboy45 Mod/Design & Coder [Pro]

Wow, that looks great!
    Keep it up!

3. emilypal

emilypal New Member

To my opinion your site has too much of darkness. What about making the header a bit lighter? I like the font and navigation of your site but for me it's too black ))) Nevertheless you are on the right way! Good luck!

4. pezboy45

pezboy45 Mod/Design & Coder [Pro]

Some people like dark.
    Especially some clans/guilds.
    So, I think it works perfectly for what it was made for.

5. emilypal

emilypal New Member

I agree that tastes differ but it was just my opinion )

6. Linx

Linx Member

As for me. it's also too dark. A black background diminishes readability and the text is hardly visible. I would recommend you to make it more distinct.

But anyway, It's definitely a really good work!

7. cyberquest

cyberquest New Member