1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General microsoft publisher

Discussion in 'General' started by jamiepullen, Mar 12, 2008.

1. jamiepullen

jamiepullen New Member

hi, i have used publisher to do basic websites and have had reasonable success. i have found the most beautiful template on here but cannot open it in publisher. is there any way i can get it to work?

regards, jamie

2. jamiepullen

jamiepullen New Member

sorry, thats not very clear. i can open it, but it is a jumbled mess of pictures and does not look like the downloaded one

3. jamiepullen

jamiepullen New Member

checked on google and dont think its possible. is there a free html editor that is a similar drag and drop type interface anyone can recommend. i cannot do html coding

regards, jamie

4. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

5. jamiepullen

jamiepullen New Member

thanks, i have just had a play round and opened the html file and then just cut and pasted most of the template into publisher. not too elegant, but got the result. will look at coding as well,

thanks again,

jamie

6. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Just remember when using programs like Macromedia Dreamweaver and Microsoft FrontPage they fall into the dwt catagory and have many support files attached to them in order to work within the program. This can make it very confusing if you do not really know the underlining program structure. They are designed to allow you to make a web without knowing code, which means added overhead. If you use publisher to upload all the files, your server should support frontpage extensions and you my have to turn them on.

7. hunt

hunt New Member

Thanks guys, found a lot of useful information!