1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Makeing a design active

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by Berner, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Berner

Berner New Member

Hi everyone,
    I downloaded one of your website templates a few days ago and changed the design of it, so I could use it. Now... I have a website design I made in Photoshop, how can I make it active. By that I mean so you can see it when I open it in IE? And how can I make the buttons work, you know stuff like that.
    I'd want to make it in HTML and CSS.

As you can hear im kinda new to all this makeing a design active (if you can say that)
    Hope you understand me, and are able to help.

-Nick

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Look at the other files that came with the template. CSS sheet and index.html from there you can see how everything works. If you are new, then you need to learn. It won't take long.

3. Apokalupsis

Apokalupsis New Member

If you are working from Photoshop itself, you'll need to use slices to cut up the site and make the images work and all that (since they've been changed). Of course, if you only changed text and colors, and not modified much else, the current default slices may work just fine.

However, doing this isn't exactly something that can be explained in a quick post IMO...I highly recommend googling for Photoshop Tutorial sites...there are a lot of really good ones that walk you through every step of what you are trying to do.

4. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

If you didn't change the images, simply upload the "images" file to the same level you uploaded your "index.html" to.

:)