1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Looking for feedback on my first filmmaking site

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by NoXstar, Jun 29, 2008.

1. NoXstar

NoXstar New Member

Just wondering if anybody has some comments on world film community. Is it ok, or still too messy? It's just a little project I have been working on. It's possible to upload your own films, make groups and etc. Well, anyway, looking forward to some comments if anybody has some? Criticism welcomed :smile:

2. solemage

solemage New Member

Its not bad, Joomla art makes great templates, and your content looks good

3. angie1313

angie1313 New Member

Looks good.
    You may want to add an "About Us" page and fix your contact page. The formatting is a little off.

4. NoXstar

NoXstar New Member

Thanks! Good feedback! About page ... thanks mate

5. kathyper

kathyper New Member

I really liked your site and it isn’t messy at all. You know you should tell people that they can see Latest Uploaded Film section if they scroll down. I was pleasantly surprised to see this section but some people may be lazy to scroll down so far :)

6. NoXstar

NoXstar New Member

I guess you're right. Thanks man for good feedback:)

7. emilypal

emilypal New Member

Your site has a lot of interesting information and its design is pretty well.
    Good Work! What else can I say?

8. eVentureBiz

eVentureBiz New Member

Nicely done, but let me add a few things just to be picky and not to say these are necessary changes.

1. There's no real quick benefit shown as to why I should be on this website. I see who it's for, but I don't see why it's for them right there on the landing page.

I see a login and password box to the right but I have no idea why I would need to login - well I guess I can guess that since it's a community then it means I can connect with other professionals, but don't leave me guessing - be clear. Tell me what it is you want me to do. Give me a call to action and give me a reason to do that action.

You might want to make that apparent by putting a small sentence or a line inside that box stating why sign up and what it's for. Just make sure if it's free you state that and also reassure people you won't be giving out their email addresses to 3rd parties (i.e. no spam). That's very important.

For example, "Sign up for our community and connect with filmmakers and industry professionals. Sign up is free and we will never share your email address with anyone."

Just an example, but might help getting people to sign up.

2. Your header is clean but maybe add a film reel to it or something. Just a small graphic to brand this site as a film site. Also, you could use your header as your opportunity to tell people not only who this is for (which it currently does) but also why it's for them.

"A Global Community For Filmmakers & Industry Professionals To Connect"

.....or something

It could also be something like other popular taglines that have caught on:

GE - "We bring good things to life"
    Nike - "Just Do It"

If you can convey
    • your mission
    • your brand
    • your promise
    in your tagline (slogan) you got a winner. Of course you can't always get all 3.

3. You could try experimenting with making the sides of your page's template a darker color (like how my website as a bluish sides color). It might help things pop a little in the center. Try like a charcoal grey or something.

Like I said, just being picky. In all your website is well done and I don't think you need any major changes.

9. NoXstar

NoXstar New Member

Great feedback! Very valuable!

10. eVentureBiz

eVentureBiz New Member

@NoXstar - check out my latest blog article. It's about how people view your website.

Also on Monday (Pacific Time) I have a new blog article coming out with a bunch of videos showing you how to design a better website.

11. NoXstar

NoXstar New Member

Can't say anything else than, thanks mate! I'll check your blog.

12. China truck

China truck Banned

A lot of interesting content and good design.Well done.