1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Logo Needed for Band at a Fortune 500 Biotech

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Peter Genovese, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Genovese

Peter Genovese New Member

A friend of mine at work is entering his band into a contest. The winner of the contest gets to play center stage at our annual Chili Fest at our company (Amgen, Inc.). He asked me if I could try and come up with a logo but I'm not good at doing so and someone told me about you guys so here I am and thank you very much for your time!

1) What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
    "Information Overload" is the name we need on the logo and there is no preference on alignment or placing of it.

2) What is your website address (ex: http:/site .com/; Site Name)?
    N/A

3) Description of your website or business:
    This is a logo for a band who plays rock and roll with a mix of the 80's and 90's.

4) Search the Internet for any logos/designs on the web that you feel convey
    the style you are looking for?
    The name of the band is a play on technology. The band members are all people that work at the company and work in the Information Systems department so anything that is technology/computer themed would be the more appropriate look for this. Maybe Matrix movie type greenish background or something with blue font color for the name?

5) Requested size of your logo:
    I think if they get picked, they will have a banner printed out to put in front of the stage so a higher res image is preferable.

6) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo? (must be copyright free)
    N/A

7) What logo styles do you like (text only, image only, text and image, etc.)?
    Text only or Text and Image.

8) What colors do you want to see in your logo?
    Maybe green Matrix style background with blue or red font color for the name? Whatever looks best, we're pretty flexible to your judgement, really.

9) What colors do you NOT want to see in your logo?
    N/A.

10) Describe the target audience for your logo
    This is for a band so the audience will be the audience of the band.

11) What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
    Fun cover band of 80s and 90s music, members that come from a computer/IT world, and finally they would probably like to communicate that they are members of the same company to the audience who will be listening to them.

12) Where will your logo be used (print, website, etc.)?
    Logo will be used for print and website.

13) Do you have other info or links you want to share?
    N/A.

14) Finally we need is there a style font you prefer, please let us know.
    No preference on this. We could always go in and change it if the appropriate source file is given to us (psd or illustrator file, etc.).

2. ozone73

ozone73 Member

Figured I'd give this one a shot before I get some sleep tonight.
    informationoverload.png

3. tomw

tomw Member

Hey ozone, you are spoiling them. Nice logo BTW.

4. ozone73

ozone73 Member

Thanks tomw.

Peter - Since you asked for either blue or red text, here's a red verion.

informationoverloadred.png

5. Peter Genovese

Hey Ozone, thank you very much, the ban members already really liked the blue font one when I showed them yesterday and so I'll show them the red color version today and see which they really prefer.

I appreciate your time putting these together and will let you know which one of the two they ultimately like soon, thank you very much!

6. Peter Genovese

Hey there Ozone, the band members love the Blue on Green version! What's the best way to send me your source file for that one? Email? Thank you so much!

7. ozone73

ozone73 Member

Here ya go.

Attached Files:

8. Peter Genovese

What format is the high quality version of the image in? I tried to open the larger file up with photoshop but it's not recognizable. Am I limited by the size that the png file is or can I get a larger sized file out of that other file that I can't seem to open? Can you maybe convert it to a photoshop friendly eps file or something so that I can save a larger image if need be for printing? The png file is good for the internet but won't be sufficient for print purposes. Let me know, thanks!

9. ozone73

ozone73 Member

I'm in the minority here as I use Paint Shop Pro and not Photoshop. So the psp is the Paint Shop Pro extension. I was able to convert it to eps for you. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

10. Peter Genovese

Thanks for converting it. Yeah, I just opened it and I see that I'm limited with the size of it (8" x 6"). Well, hopefully that's all they need for now. But if they need to print big posters or banners, this will not work because the original size is only the size of a standard size piece of paper and it will get all pixelated.

Thanks for your work, they already like it as is so if they need to print big size stuff, I'll have to put in a request for something larger by either you or someone else here but for now, I think we're ok! Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.