1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design just started-modifying template questions...

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by webit, Aug 21, 2007.

1. webit

webit New Member

I've have downloaded and unzipped the contents to a folder.

Now what i ask myself...

Like many others have asked I don't see a quick start guide to doing some of the basic modifications. I think this would help get going. Just a thought.

Anyway I'd like to change some of the images and text. Other than that the template moviecompany is exactly what i've been looking for...

So my questions are how do I edit pictures/images like the company name "United Brothers" for instance.

https://freewebsitetemplates.com/preview/moviecompany/

I know photoshop but just don't know the proper steps to modify template to keep the slicing and code cool so i don't mess up all the great work someone put into making this nice template...just better for me with my images and info dig... :)

Thanks,

rb.

2. contagious

contagious New Member

Be sure to let me know when you find out Rb! No really. I had the same question. My template is just what I am looking for except I want to change the images to my own (of course) and no one has chimmed in yet.

I have photoshop and I am clueless about it. I mean I can make a basic flyer with text and what not, but that is as far as it goes.

Good luck!

3. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

1. Open up your templates psd in photoshop.
    2. Click on the slice tool (k) - These sections that appear on the template are what will become seperate images when you save the psd as a webpage.
    3. Change the image ect to your own, but dont move around the slices, it will put the images out of wack with the templates code.
    4. File>save for web> save
    5. save as a new file then pase your new image into your template (replacing the ones you allready had - same names)

Sorry had to rush, going out

4. PrissiDe

PrissiDe New Member

What format do you save the file as? jpeg, bmp,etc? I am having the same problem.