1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Just Re launched and looking for comments

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by SMDScouts, May 5, 2009.

1. SMDScouts

SMDScouts New Member

I just re launched my business site and am looking for thoughts and comments.

My one thought is on the subsequent pages, to make the banner image much smaller so you dont have to scroll down?

any thoughts

www.smdscouts.com

2. deyounggerry

deyounggerry New Member

I scroll and click all day. I like your big banner. Nice colors too. Definitely do something with the the board members. Way too small and blurry. Looking at the calender etc. it seems to be rampant on the site. Use larger fonts and it will be great. On your contact us page the email should be linked. Otherwise your patrons have to copy and paste it into a new window. Your header's great as is the navigation. A little tweaking here and there and you got it.

3. SMDScouts

SMDScouts New Member

Thanks a lot!

Totally forgot about linking the email :)

I like the idea of larger fonts. I will tweak that also.

Thanks for the comments!

4. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

I ran your site through a website analyzer -
    This is the results:
    I would use more keywords in the body
    Google displays about 64 characters (including spaces) of the title on its search engine. Most optimization of the title should be in that 64 character space.
    You have enough keywords, just use more of them in the body and description
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon
    -

Keywords:
    You do have Meta-Tag Keywords in your site. These will help your sites positioning in the search engines.

PROBLEM SOLUTION
    You are using your keywords ineffectively. You are only using 157 characters when you can use up to 1000. We suggest that you simply add some more keywords into your Meta-Tag Keyword list. The Keywords you are currently using are listed below. For more information on Keyword Meta-Tags Click Here.

You are not spamming your keywords, they will be accepted by the search engines

Your Keywords Are:
    BSA
    GSUSA
    Cub Scouts
    Boy Scouts
    Girl Scouts
    Scouting template
    Scout Templates
    cub scout
    boy scout
    girl scout
    Email Roster
    Mass Email
    Calendar

Title:
    PROBLEM SOLUTION
    You are using your Title ineffectively.
    You are only using 29 characters when you can use up to 100. We suggest that you use a few more words in your TITLE Tag, and try to use your main keywords if possible. For more information on the Title Tag Click Here.

Your Title is:
    SMD Scouts Scouting Templates

PROBLEM SOLUTION
    You are not using your keywords within your Title effectively, you are using 1 of your keywords in your Title, when you should use at least 2. We suggest that you add a couple of your keywords into your TITLE Tag, if possible. For more information on the Title Tag Click Here.

Description:
    PROBLEM SOLUTION
    You are using your Description ineffectively.
    You are only using 57 characters when you can use up to 250. We suggest that you make your description longer and try to include as many of your main keywords as possible.

Your Description is:
    SMD Scouts offers a website for Scouting Communication."

PROBLEM SOLUTION
    You are not using your keywords within your description effectively, you are using 0 of your keywords in your description, when you should use at least 3. To correct this situation, contact your web site programmer or, contact our Customer Service Department and request a quote to implement any changes. Toll Free (877)855-2003

Body:
    You are using your Keywords as follows in the body of your page:
    BSA 0 times Add to your web page text
    GSUSA 0 times Add to your web page text
    Cub Scouts 0 times Add to your web page text
    Boy Scouts 0 times Add to your web page text
    Girl Scouts 0 times Add to your web page text
    Scouting template 2 times Good, do nothing
    Scout Templates 0 times Add to your web page text
    cub scout 1 time Good, do nothing
    boy scout 1 time Good, do nothing
    girl scout 1 time Good, do nothing
    Email Roster 0 times Add to your web page text
    Mass Email 2 times Good, do nothing
    Calendar 4 times Good, do nothing

You are using your keywords within the body of your page effectively, you are using 6 of your keywords in the body of your page.

File Sizes:
    Home Page 5.54Kb

Total 5.54Kb

Your File Size is good.

Download Time:
    Time Taken To Download
    On A 56Kbs Modem 1.60 Seconds
    On 128Kbs DSL 0.70 Seconds
    On 512Kbs DSL/Cable 0.17 Seconds
    On 1024Kbps DSL/Cable 0.09 Seconds

Your Download Time is good.

5. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

I would say over all it looks good now like Navyfalcon said work on your seo so they can find you.