1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Inputing text for templete

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by denise1, Apr 4, 2007.

1. denise1

denise1 New Member

Hi Everyone,

I have dreamweaver 4 and have downloaded a template. How do I change the wording on the pictures? And when I opened the template with dreamweaver the alignment is lost how do I correct that? Thank you for your help. I know HTML but not sure how to change the wording on the pictures.

2. solemage

solemage New Member

if its on the image, check the images folder, i think mimoun puts a blank image so you can add stuff, or, check your html and look for it and add what you want it to say.

for the alinment Im not shure

3. denise1

denise1 New Member

There is not a blank image in the image folder. How do I change the text on the image? I can not change it with the html because the text is on the image. I am working in dreamweaver 4. Any thoughts?

4. Connor

Connor Moderator / Programmer

Get a graphic editing software (ie. Adobe, etc.) and open the .psd and edit the words, and save the slices... someone else can go into more detail with that. As far as the alignment goes, make sure that your cascading file sheet is in your document correctly.

Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="example.css" type="text/css" />
    OR
    Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    @import "example.css";
    </style>
    If that doesn't work, then see if it shows up correctly when you view it in a browser; if not, post here your reply and I will try and figure out more into what is going on.

5. denise1

denise1 New Member

Thanks I will work on it.

6. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

If you post which template you are trying to change the text for the image on this forum, along with which image you want the text changed on and what you want it to say, someone who has Adobe Photoshop can edit it for you. Since Photoshop is such an expensive program I don't recommend running out and buying it unless you are planning to use it A LOT...lol. :)

7. denise1

denise1 New Member

Okay. Let me think this through. I will post the information later. Thank you for your hlep.

8. denise1

denise1 New Member

Imfrench, Thank you

My goal is to update my web site. Give it a fresh new updated look. I am using Template 20 and below would be my changes. Let me know if you can help me. Would you want my current url? Would this help?

• The star should be replace with my logo
    • Business Company should be replaced with my company name – Money Magnet, Inc
    • The wording you punch line goes here should be replace with my punch line-
    Because, your bottom line is your priority … and ours! (And ours is underlined including the exclamation point).
    • Home should me Mission
    • Services stays
    • Products – Debt Analysis
    • Portfolio- Money & Credit
    • Proposals – Workshops
    • Contact
    • Call our Help line number should change to 484-352-1019- and delete the click box.
    • Explore your Business should be Our Mission Is You!
    [FONT=&quot]Special Business Offers for Corporations

Once again. Thank you
    [/FONT]

9. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

I was able to install my copy of Photoshop onto my friends laptop so once I finish working on another project that I have already promised to help with I will help you out, unless someone has already helped you with it by then.

BTW...it is I-M-French it is L-M-French...lol...my name is Lisa and my married surname is French...hence LMFRENCH... :)

10. denise1

denise1 New Member

Sorry about that Lisa.. LMFrench..

11. denise1

denise1 New Member

And Thank you very much..

12. denise1

denise1 New Member

And Thank you for your help!

13. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

No problem...I am finishing up with the other project and I have an very big client to meet with this afternoon, once I am finished with that I will post on here and let you know...

:)