1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Closed In Need Of Help With A Electronics Template

Discussion in 'Archived' started by sco808, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco808

sco808 New Member

I am attempting to have a front page designed for my website in HTML. I don't have the experience, any help would be a blessing. It's a Electronics site (cameras, audio, computers etc...) Is there some who can help me:)

2. Dizzie92

Dizzie92 New Member

Well, there is way to much for me to explain in a post. But heres the basics, HTML is the language which tell your browser how to display information. This is good to use for a basic websites. CSS or Cascading Style Sheets, allow someone to define an element once, and not have to constantly repeat it in the HTML. CSS is now becoming very popular, and will make designing templates easier and much faster. The way your browser defines an element is with a tag. A tag is <TAGELEMENT>followed by content or more HTML and then </TAGELEMENT>. You will need to know a few of them (frontpage should do most the work).

Code:
    <b>THIS TEXT WILL BE BOLD</b>

Images are always great to see on a site, so make sure you have some. Again frontpage or whatever your using to edit the HTML should do most the work putting these in your site. There are usally 2 types of modes to edit your html in. Theres the code view, which is all the coding for your page, and then theres the "WYSIWYG" or "What You See Is What You Get". The WYSIWYG is easier to use and understand, and is a good place to start out for people new to web design.

A very good site for more in-depth explination of all this is www.w3schools.com and of course the forums here are always open, and there are many people who are here to help you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask anybody on here, Im sure they'll be more than happy to assist you.

Hope that this helped you in some way

-Dizzie

3. Ruthe

Ruthe Community Manager

Hi sco,

Thank you for your request.

Previously, your template request had to be put on hold due to insufficient resources; we are now pleased to announce that the template request forum will be relaunched on 24 March 2014.

In appreciation of your patience and loyalty all these years, we would like to invite you to be among the first to have your customized template produced.

If you would still like for this same template request to be processed, please reply to this thread within 30 days of this post and we will begin working on it as soon as possible.

Please note that any request to accept this offer after the above stipulated period will not be entertained.

I look forward to seeing you on FWT again!

:) ruthe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.