1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Improvements & Review

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JmG, Apr 25, 2011.

1. JmG

JmG New Member

Well, this should be fun, I can see my request being deleted subsequently after posting this :(

Right, this site in itself is amazing I must say, and I'm really not sucking up to get things done or whatever, I'm an honest person. I like the fact I can come and ask for things/help etc and people who make a living from it are willing to help free of charge, and I'd even go as far to say that it's no catches involved, other than giving back to the site, you really can't argue with that.

The site is unique and definitely has character, although, for a template website, the design looks quite... bland, to be honest not sure of the word I'm looking for there but hopefully it will make sense. Though, in hindsight, it's amazing easy to find your way about, there no fiddling around, everything is neatly placed.

The background is something I never really noticed until I started writing this, the diagonal pinstripe.. hmm not a fan of it (imo) You should look into have small images of peoples templates/logos/designs etc.. as like a featured profile of sorts.

It gets it's point across, and swiftly. As far as I've noticed there's no gap of knowledge in what you should do, though I've seen people request without reading T's & C's...always a bad sign. but all in all, it's possibly the best site for it's use out there, I don't know of any others, but how many times do you search for a specific thing on google and get a result like Free Website Templates first time :)

As far as improvements, I would say try and think of more ways to give back, there isn't many I'd say out-with technical and/or design skills. A "like" button on facebook or something that can further the interest in your site etc.

JmG