1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites I would appreciate feedback on our new website

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by rvrugg90, Jul 31, 2008.

1. rvrugg90

rvrugg90 New Member

Hello! I am new to the forums. I was looking to have some reviews/feedback on our new website. My dad operates a business called Ruggiero & Associates. We deal with appraisals and fine arts,etc. It would be a great help to see what you guys have to say! It took me a while to get the design the way I wanted it, but I think it was worth my effort.
    Sincerely,
    Bob Ruggiero Jr.

EDIT: Sorry forgot to put the link in...
    http://www.ruggiero-associates.com

2. Makinitmine

Makinitmine New Member

yeah sure, just post a link to it :D

3. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

A bit too black for me. The white lettering with black back ground makes it hard to read. Main and Home is confusing. On the important pages I would reduce the size of the header logo or just have the name as the the logo, to give importance to the content. Nice coding and use of java though some of the pics are way to small to figure outwhat to click on. I would do more on the main page than Welome... tell people they are looking at something more than a black/white photo.
    add Auctions and Appraisals.
    Welcome to Ruggiero & Associates

Welcome to Ruggiero & Associates

4. Makinitmine

Makinitmine New Member

For the most part I liked it and thought you did a good job in some ways, especially with the way you can view the images. I too thought the main/home links were a bit confusing as well. In the About us page the thumbnail images are way too small to see....also I didn't really like how whne you hover over the main links they go black and looks like they disappear...all in all I think it is a pretty decent site with some minor things that need to be tuned, but good job on building the site!

5. rvrugg90

rvrugg90 New Member

Thanks guys for the feedback! I'll change the main page mouse over lettering to white. I'll add in Auctions and Appraisals under "welcome to Ruggiero & Associates. Still not sure if i like the idea of getting rid of the main page...any alternatives?

6. emilypal

emilypal New Member

It seems like I’ve missed black and white art J because your site has captured my attention at once.
    The pictures are easy to browse on black background; I mean the pictures which change each other and not the small ones.
    Yes it’s a bit difficult to read but the font size you used at About Us page is easy to read. I think it’s the best size font for your size.
    So I truly liked what you’ve did!

7. rvrugg90

rvrugg90 New Member

Hmm. So i will try to re-size the pictures on the about us page. I'll change the font a bit. and the mouse-over style. I might delete the "main" page from navigation on all other pages except for the "main" page itself. Which may make it easier to navigate (maybe) ??? Thanks so much for your help thusfar! We really do appreciate all of your suggestions and comments! -Bob