1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General I am so confused

Discussion in 'General' started by SivirSarah, Jun 9, 2011.

1. SivirSarah

SivirSarah New Member

Hi guys, First off great website. There is a lot of great info here.

But i am having some problems. I am trying to build my own website (it will have lots of content that i make like pics and videos that people can buy). In the last two weeks i have Google searched and learned all i can about hmtl and css. I have done the "practice sheet" thing in notepad and have followed a few tutorials but i am still confused. Especially about css and how it relates to html. I want to "external" it. I really like the new night club template that you guys just posted. I downloaded it and have started to edit it with my content. And i have no idea where to go from there. I guess i need to go buy my domain name and upload it but i just don't know if i am doing it right.

Any help would be appreciated.

<3 Sivirsarah

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Hi confused
    Don't feel to bad as I stay confused with all the changes in the coding world.

"about css and how it relates to html"
    All the css style sheets have one function (basic terms) and that is to tell the browser the properties of an object, how things look and what the size is, how to place it on the screen. The html tells the browser what to display and where.
    Where to go next - Finish editing your template. Find a good Host that supplies you with all the tools you require for your website and has a good track record, not just the cheapest one. Sign up, register your name, upload your web. Couldn't be an easier.

3. SivirSarah

SivirSarah New Member

Hey thanks that explained a lot. I guess it is just a learning process.

4. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

The web host
    Since you are learning, choose one that has support for beginners. Should be free phone, chat or email. If chat or email, how long to get a response.
    Also you can list the problem on this forum under
    HTML - XHTML - CSS
    or the one under Templates, we will help (may even suggest a good Free HTML and/or CSS editor).
    -
    falcon

5. sarena

sarena New Member

css is used for the style and layout the website. And how the objects look like ont it. Whereas HTML Involves all the basic coding and role is to where and how to placed the different things. so i suggest you to go through the W3SCHOOL tutorial you will hopefully able to tackle the problem regarding html and css.

sarena

6. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member