1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics How to edit graphics on a template.

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by Mimoun, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

You can use any image editor that supports .psd files.
    Every template comes with a .psd source file you can edit the text and then save the image you need in a .jpg or .gif file.

Here are some image editing programs you can use.
    Commercial software:
    Photoshop Price: $599 - Download the free 30-day - This is the most popular editing software.
    Ulead PhotoImpact Price: $89.99 - Download the free 30-day
    Paint Shop Pro Price: $99 - Download the free 30-day

Free open source software:
    Gimp - Free but not easy to install - read this post where I explain how to install + direct links to download it.

If you just need to edit the company name and don't have the time to install or buy an image editing program.
    Post your request to edit the logo here in this forum and we will edit it for you for free.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  2. GeePee

GeePee New Member

I have downloaded one of the templates and have photofiltre as the free image editor. It opens psd files but I cannot see how to edit a text like MY WRITINGS to display something different. How is the text of the graphics edited? Thanks in advance.

3. JONNYD

JONNYD New Member

i think your looking for dreamweaver

4. Thau

Thau New Member

Make this post sticky / announcement on forum, its very nice post

5. Recidivist

Recidivist VIP Member

6. dpalen1

dpalen1 New Member

Maybe I'm a dummy, but the images in my freewebsite template are .png, not psd or .jpg, or .gif. Can the text be revised on a png file? If so, how? I just downloaded PaintshopPro free trial to help with with this since just Paint wasn't enough. This is the template. https://freewebsitetemplates.com/preview/womenclothing/index.html

latestdatabase5 likes this.
  7. Mildju

Mildju Member

@dpalen1 Click on the link you just mentioned. Then click on the 'Download' link at the top. Once you open the ZIP file, you'll notice there's a file called womenclothing.psd (at the same level than the HTML files).

8. dpalen1

dpalen1 New Member

I did that and it brings up a different page....not the home page. I need to learn layers I guess. I see the logo and a bunch of grids to the right....learning this all on PaintShopPro 6.

9. halldaniel454

halldaniel454 New Member

using different tools you can edit graphics on a template.
    i used photoshop for editing in web page & etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2015
  10. David McClemans

David McClemans New Member

i think your looking for dreamweaver.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
  11. halldaniel454

halldaniel454 New Member

dreamweaver is the best & effective tool for all about graphics work . . .

12. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Adobe Dreamweaver is a software program for designing web pages, a fully featured HTML Web and Programming Editor.
    You can position graphics, pictures on a web page but you can not edit them.
    If you want to stay in the same family of software as Dreamweaver, then you need Photoshop.

13. GRIFFITH

GRIFFITH New Member

I think your looking for dreamweaver.

14. winzy512

winzy512 New Member

The dreamweaver is so nice in my opinion.

15. Santanu mondal

Santanu mondal New Member

You can use Dreamweaver it is the best for you

16. tonyadam0706

tonyadam0706 New Member

Dreamweaver seem to be a good choice. It is a software program for designing web pages, a fully featured HTML Web and Programming Editor. You can position graphics, pictures on a web page however you can not edit them.
    If you want to stay in the same family of software as Dreamweaver, then you need Photoshop.

17. justinrhensen123

justinrhensen123 New Member

i think your looking for Dreamweaver because the best & effective too.