1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design How do i "lock" header to all pages?

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by Sleepy, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Sleepy

Sleepy New Member

Hi,

I'm working on editing the template "Bike riders template" and i have some trouble "locking" the header picture and navigation bar.

How do i make the sub-pages only load in the window/frame below the navigation bar, instead of reloading the entire page?

And a small suggestion to the creater:
    Instead of having all 6 navigation buttons link to https://freewebsitetemplates.com, then you might wanna change one of them to link to a sub-page as an example.

Thanks for a really nice template.

Edit: Forgot to mention i'm using Adobe dreamweaver if that helps..

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

I'm not a whizz at template (coding) stuff by any means. :eek:

But I'm guessing you would open the "index.html" page and save a copy under another name, say "products.html". The whole thing is then a duplicate of the original index page (including the header) and you just change the info/layout under the header that needs altering.

3. Sleepy

Sleepy New Member

Thanks CovertPea,

Thats what i allready did, but doesn't that make the entire page reload when i navigate around instead of just the bottom frame?

4. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

hey sleepy, I think the sandman has still got you, this early I know he has me.
    1.) Which page is the Bike Riders Template?
    2.)Your header and navigation bar should not move unless you changed the code behind them.
    3.) CovertPea is correct about making a sub-page. This is how Templates work.
    4.) Yes the whole page reloads -The templates here have no frames coded in them.
    5.) One method you could use is AJAX coding - known as Remote Scripting. It allows client-side JavaScript to request data from a server without having to refresh the Web page. (Frames are for special use and now rarely used today)
    6.) None of the templates have a second page - the links to FWT are there to show you what can be done - it's up to you to mod it. Think about this, they are for free, so why wouldn't the creator put links back to his site to showcase his work and maybe you will thank him by clicking on one of the ad links.

5. Sleepy

Sleepy New Member