1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Logos How about a logo review?

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by RJ Dee, Mar 8, 2013.

1. RJ Dee

RJ Dee New Member

Not sure if this is OT to the forum, but I created a logo for my travel soccer team (I'm the head coach) and wondered if anyone had feedback.

I'm not a pro at this by any stretch, and I'm not really using the logo, but was curious what some thought. I'll be designing something for my club, the feedback here would be helpful.

Mods - if this is too OT - by all means remove. Thought it might be fun to get some feedback.

Attached Files:

anderson7905, bTz and Ruthe like this.
  2. RJ Dee

RJ Dee New Member

I should have noted "BOM" is our club - short for "Battle of Monmouth"

3. Hynnix

Hynnix New Member

Your logo is well made (simply and nice witch I like), and it matches as a soccer team logo.
    Only thing that can do it better is if you could fix that stroke on the flames(maybe a bit more smooth).
    All in one it's nice(hope I could help out).

4. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

I've not reviewed a logo before so I'm not too sure about what to say. :rolleyes:
    You've done a great job on the crest.
    You've kept it simple, clean, not over-embelished and you've kept the colours to a minimum. I like how the Renegades curves across the centre and out past the shield. Would that make it difficult or more expensive to make a patch out of?
    Perhaps that light grey outline around Renegades can be placed outside the shield as well, especially if the shirt it's to go on is a of dark colour.
    You certainly have a flair for this kind of designing so I'm sure whatever crest you come up with will be appreciated by your new team.
    Cheers
    CP

5. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Nice start.

I would though make 'Renegades' part of the sheild, so that the border line flows much smoother, but the over all design is nice....well done

6. JaeCy

JaeCy Member

I like. I agree that making "Renegades" part of the shield would take this good logo to the next level. I would buy a jersey with this on it just because it looks so cool.

7. Ruthe

Ruthe Community Manager

Well done there, RJ! For someone who's "not pro", you're really good. I like the general feel of the logo. Only suggestion is to make "BOM" bigger and bolder.

Seriously, you should consider helping some of our members make their logos. I agree with CP that you have a flair for this—something many of those looking for logos will appreciate! (A side career maybe? ;))

8. bTz

bTz New Member

I really like it.
    It is simple but attractive and the color mix is on the right path.

Nice job !

9. rmorale

rmorale Member

It looks great, I agree with Ruthe the BOM could be a little bigger. It's simple and not overloaded with to many colors which is perfect for a shirt or jersey.

10. Dawn

Dawn Community Manager

Great logo, RJ! I especially like how "Renegades" extends out over the crest, but to add on to everyone else's opinions about the "BOM", maybe the letters could be spaced out a little more? :)

11. MVHS_Soccer

MVHS_Soccer New Member

Agreed on the B.O.M. If you space it out or make it slightly larger, it could look a little better. Also for me, "Renegades" looks good the way it is. What are the primary colors for the team? To me it seems slightly plain in color.

12. Matt Wlliams

Matt Wlliams New Member

Big up the BOM

13. Emporia

Emporia New Member

looks good

14. Robbo

Robbo New Member

The crest looks great. I understand having 'Renegades' running outside the shield may make printing/embroidery slightly more difficult but I feel it makes the crest stand out making it more memorable, which is surely the overall aim. Good effort