1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

PHP Helppppp!!!!

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by cricketman65, Sep 8, 2009.

1. cricketman65

cricketman65 New Member

I am running phpauction script on my server with HostGator and I purchased a template from AJ Square to jazz up the look and functionality of my website. After making a few needed changes in Dreamweaver and PHP Designer, I upload the template using FileZilla, and the confirmation was successful, but HOW do i configure the template to communicate and integrate with phpauction script running on the server? I have a mess and I don't know how ti fix it. I really appreciate your assistance. Thank you all

2. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

What auction script. some will use a template some wont.
    And post a link to your page so we can see whats up.
    I also use hostgator but I write my own php I can take a look but may not be much help without accessing your server.

3. cricketman65

cricketman65 New Member

HELPPPPP!!!! Pt.2

The script is phpauction which is a GPL auction script and is part of a bundled package that comes with the HostGator hosting service. I really need your help cleaning up this mess. I uploaded the template to a temporary site (folder) until I can figure out what's what with this template and the migration/integration of the template to the script. Once I figure it out, then I will upload the template to its original home, so the general public will see the site without interruption.

The temporary site is at: www.ebtclub.com/auction/

The future site and it permanent home will be at www.ebtreasures.com

The current website for all to see (this closed source script will be dumped for the new and improved clean look) is at www.ebargaintreasures.com

Thank you for your assistance. I greatly appreciate it.

Cricketman (Michael)

4. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

To be honest if you goto your cpanel and fantastico clik the link to this script the site is gone and so is the support forum. I would think twice about using it.

check these out many are free
    http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Programs_and_Scripts/Perl/Auctions/

the guys here who no templates may have a much better answer than I do.
    I would take the template that comes with the auction script and modify it to my needs instead of trying to combine a pre built template. But I admit I am not real good with templates

5. cricketman65

cricketman65 New Member

Thank you for your feedback...I greatly appreciate it. I'll take a look at the link you provided.