1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Help with Template - Business Solutions

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by michele howard, Feb 14, 2012.

1. michele howard

michele howard New Member

Greetings,

I am trying to customize the Business Solutions (free) template. I would like to delete the footer at the very bottom of the page (dark blue). I took all the footer info off the style.css, as well as the actual page itself. However the dark blue bottom of the page just goes on forever. I would like to make it a single row. I would appreciate any help possible. THANK YOU. :)

2. Geoff Tyrer

Geoff Tyrer Member

Could you provide a link to the template?

3. michele howard

4. tomw

tomw Member

Hi Michele and welcome to FWT. I think Geoff would like to see the link to your modified template.

5. Geoff Tyrer

Geoff Tyrer Member

Hi Michele,

I downloaded the template and simply deleted the div with id = "footer" and the dark blue area you mention disappeared...

If you still have problem can you provide me with the html and css files?

Geoff

6. NadiraH

NadiraH New Member

Hello, How can I edit this template? I canĀ“t find it when I look in the templates to edit?

7. tomw

tomw Member

Hello, welcome to FWT. One way to edit the templates you downloaded is to use a HTML editor and simply replace those filler text with your own contents in each section of the template. For those sections with no contents you can either put blanks there or remove them totally. However, removing the sections might alter the overall look of the page so you need to experiment with it.

If you have a link to your website that uses the template, please post it here and perhaps members here can offer suggestions as to how to edit it.

8. michele howard

Hello, I am once again using the template "Business Solutions" and now need to insert a jQuery menu to replace existing menu on the template. The site I am developing needs an accessible drop down menu, which I located. I just cant figure out how to insert it where the existing menu shows. I want the menu to stay within the "grey area" boundaries. Not sure if I am asking too much. I have uploaded the index page and a sub page. And, the link for the jQuery menu I wish to use is here .... http://apycom.com/menus/6-midnight-blue.html

Attached Files: