1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Help with slicing and uploading, and adding links to separate images.

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by Kyuubi, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Kyuubi

Kyuubi New Member

Basically,

My site is in Fireworks as an image.

I can separate it, and edit separately also.

How do i get from this stage, to cutting it up (slicing i think it is called, not sure though [​IMG]) and uploading it to my server? How do i do this?

And how do i add links to certain sliced pieces of the template, like buttons etc?

Thankyou. :D

2. bahama llama

bahama llama New Member

OK, depending on how your hosting you will need to have an FTP client. There's a number of free ones depending on which OS you use. I use CyberDuck on my mac but you can use cuteFTP on windows. If you have Fireworks you may have dreamweaver and that has a decent FTP client built in. Now when you say you sliced the image did Fireworks create the HTML/CSS for you? If not you will need to do so either by hand or something like Dreamweaver to piece it all back together. To add links you will use the tag (the Anchor tag) and you would do something like this: (a href="anotherCoolPage.html")(img src="yourCoolButton")(/a) If your new to hmtl/CSS and Web design this site is a great place to start: http://www.w3schools.com/ HTH D