1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Help with editing my template

Discussion in 'General' started by walkz, Aug 7, 2008.

1. walkz

walkz New Member

hello i am just wondering i have done the templates stuff etc. but how do i link my website to the template?
    thanks

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Back in the early days of the web we use 2 cans and some string. These days you use an FTP program to upload your files to your web server. Your Host should have some easy instructions about this.

3. walkz

walkz New Member

So??

So What do i do? do i have to make a new page for each one and save as EG contact.html and upload it and in the template edit it so that it links
    im not 100% sure

4. ishkey

Now you got me wondering, what template stuff did you do?

5. walkz

walkz New Member

i got it all im just wondering do i need to make pages and upload them using FTP? or just link the pages from the host?

6. ishkey

Maybe it's me? But a times I just can't understand questions or answers (or just link pages from the host?)
    1.) Make all the pages you need. They should be linked, in the html code of each page.
    2.) Upload them to the server in your html_public directory.

The template is just a pattern, so all pages have the same look and feel (if it is external, it will have a name like - style.css)
    A host is just a computer called a server, it's where you store your files. It has an IP address so people know where to go to see your web. It does nothing more. You have to make the files link by way of your code.

This should help clear things up.