1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Help With a Logo

Discussion in 'Archived' started by cynthiajwang, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cynthiajwang

cynthiajwang VIP Member

Hi,

So I'm in the midst of creating a logo (my dad's friend told me exactly what he wants, so I don't really have any freedom with it), and they like what I have so far....

I just need help with putting in the letters "C" and "S" in the logo...I would do it myself, but I can't figure out how to do it with Photoshop, and I don't have Illustrator yet....

So here's what it looks like:

[​IMG]

They want the C on the side of the circle and the S in the middle -- so basically where you can actually see the letters in the image....

Their colors are silver and green....bg is steel blue. I'd like the colors to be bold and black.

The website that it'll be going on is www.csgreentech.com; my brother and I are working on it -- all we've done is found a template we like, and now we're just waiting on getting more information from my dad's friend.

Email me if you're interested in helping me out, and I'll send you the .psd file; I do need it as a .psd file because I'll need the logo not only for web purposes but for printing purposes and whatnot. (cynthiajwlx@gmail.com)

If there's any other information that you need or that I need to post, then please let me know asap.

Thanks a lot!!

2. GG

GG Active Member

Hey

I got what you are trying to do..Is it possible to upload the .psd file? To make it easier for us instead of contacting you seperately.

3. cynthiajwang

cynthiajwang VIP Member

4. GG

GG Active Member

Thanks. I got the file. I'll see what I can do. :)

5. GG

GG Active Member

Right i've managed to play around with it but not to what you are looking for. It is a little difficult so i'm still working on it

but I came up with another idea whilst creating it and not sure if you'de like this one better than the request but here it is anyway...

CS_logo-2.jpg

Let me know what you think :)

(Don't worry if you don't like it it's just an idea that I thougt of doing whilst creating the other one ;))

6. GG

GG Active Member

Just incase other designers are working on it then I think this is what cynthiajwang is after...

CS_logo.jpg

not perfect but it'll take a while as i'm busy doing other things too

7. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

I gave it a try, but with where it sounds like the letters need to go, seems a bit of a waste doing the drop shadows etc

but any hooo here it is

Attached Files:

• CS.jpg
      CS.jpg
      File size:
      26.8 KB
      Views:
  8. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

you guys are good.

9. cynthiajwang

cynthiajwang VIP Member

Thanks -- yeah for the last two, those are kind of what I'm looking for. And yes, I know it's difficult -- that's why I'm asking for help from you guys.

genuinegraphics.co.uk; the first one -- I've tried that, but my dad didn't like it. And yes, the second one is exactly something like what I'm looking for now.

1970Forest -- that is kind of what I'm looking for, but if you zoom out, then I don't think it's very visible -- the C and S. Thanks though?

10. 1970Forest

Hi cynthiajwang

So the style is right? just needs to be full black fill? still outlined? I did try it like that but it just did not blend that well, but will redo if you require?

11. 1970Forest

Here are 2 versions (just in case)

Attached Files:

• cs1.jpg
      cs1.jpg
      File size:
      26.1 KB
      Views:
    • cs2.jpg
      cs2.jpg
      File size:
      27.2 KB
      Views:
  12. cynthiajwang

cynthiajwang VIP Member

Yeah, the style's correct. I'd prefer a full black fill, or anything with silver and green. Just as long as it's visible when you zoom out.

--the second one might work; let me ask my dad. Thanks so much :)

13. 1970Forest

I will do the adjustments when you have the ok from your dad if that's ok?

14. cynthiajwang

cynthiajwang VIP Member

Yeah, that's fine. Thanks so much for helping me out!!! :)

If you ever need any help (which I highly doubt, haha), then feel free to ask me :D

15. cynthiajwang

cynthiajwang VIP Member

Alright, my dad responded and said that he liked the first of the last two that you designed, except:

"Try the first one with sharp endings of CS (graduate thinner and merged with the edge of Taichi circle."

Can you send me the .psd file? You don't have to do that part; I can try to do that by myself...or if you could tell me what font you used?

16. 1970Forest

Hi C

Not had much time on this and finding it harder than first thought...lol

I've just blended the letters so far and that has been with paint brush.

I'm sure that if CP, Ishkey or GG see this they may be able to do the finishing touches, if not I'll give it another go in next couple of days

Attached Files:

• cs1.JPG
      cs1.JPG
      File size:
      8 KB
      Views:
  17. cynthiajwang

cynthiajwang VIP Member

Haha, yeah, definitely harder than I first thought too...and that's why I'm now calling for help here. I'll see what my dad thinks of what you just did though. Thanks :)

18. cynthiajwang

cynthiajwang VIP Member

Ugh. My dad is pretty ridiculous. He changed his mind and instead wants this (which I just did in minutes...):

[​IMG]

SO, thank you EVERYONE who spent time and helped me out. But I'll be using the super easy logo I just posted.

19. 1970Forest

Us dad's are so fickle!!!!

20. cynthiajwang

cynthiajwang VIP Member

haha no i think it's just my dad. LOL.

thanks for everything though :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.