1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Closed Help with 14 year Old BASEBALL Team LOGO (KNIGHTS BASEBALL)

Discussion in 'Archived' started by James Cappello, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Cappello

James Cappello New Member

Hi folks!

hoping you can help! I represent a new, youth 14 year old baseball team. We're going to call ourselves the Knights. I'm needing help with a logo that will used for our caps, uniform, and other apparel. Because we're a new team, we don't have any budget to speak with - so I will be paying for this with my own expense - so cost is a very important factor and thus, my locating your site. Forgive me, I did see that you're more of a free website service but had noticed that "Ishkey" was gracious enought to help a friend with another "knights" image so was hoping you could help me as well. I'm also not opposed to paying you for this -so as long as it is within reason and within our limited budget. LOL!

I've done quite a bit of searching on Google for samples, narrowed down some samples of what I like the best and have uploaded them. These are merely samples and I understand and appreciate any concerns or sensitivity with copyright infringement . I did notice, however, that it seems many high schools and other youth athletic programs tend to use very similar (nearly exact) logos -so not sure how copyright laws would come in to play -if at all with a single, youth, not for profit sports team.

1. I like the font style of "Knights" and the use of the SWORD for the Letter "T" from this 1st file. Would also want to utilize the "K" from the final "Knights" as the Letter on our Hats.

2. I particularly like the Knight (i.e. the character) and how he sits on top of the word "Knights". I also like the use of the swoosh and ball under "knights".

3. I like how this utilizes the baseball diamond and bats in the background. I believe adding the shield will be overkill.

I went ahead and pulled out some scissors and did a little bit of literal cutting and taping of the logos and have provided that file (should be the 4th file, "Knights Draft 1") as well.

As for COLORS:

Primary: Dark Navy
    Secondary: Vegas Gold (per Pacific Headwear site)
    Accent: Red

(See the NBA New Orleans Pelicans uniform for our desired color scheme)

I also thought I might help to provide you an idea on HOW we plan to use the logo and variations of the logo:

1. CAP: The Letter "K" will be used on the Front of the cap. This Letter could be derived the from word "Knights" on the logo -or be of the same font family or what not.

2. UNIFORM: The Word "Knights" from the logo or a variation of it will be prominently displayed on the front of the jersey. Under "Knights" will be a "Baseball Swoosh".

3. PATCH: We might use a smaller version of the logo as a patch on the back of the hat -AND/OR on one of the sleeves of the jersey.

4. Parents/Fan Apparel: we'll likely use the Full logo, parts of it and/or variations of it on t-shirts, sweatshirts, caps and what not for the parents and other "fans". :)

Please let me know if you can help. Thanks in advance for your gracious support of our boys!

-James
    cell: 925.354.1200
    email: sfpologrounds@gmail.com

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  2. Ruthe

Ruthe Community Manager

@ishkey you have been requested, sir dave! :)

3. James Cappello

thank you, Ruthe!

4. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

So who be thy friend Sire?

sorry Ruthe - Sir Dave... nope, page boy status, yes!

Now the new crew of artists are true Knights.

5. James Cappello

UPDATE ON AUGUST 6, 2014:

We had some time constraints to work with in getting some artwork to our apparel maker for team Try-Out this weekend. Fortunately, we were successful in locating a very good referral of an artist that was able to accommodate our needs.

Thanks you so much for all of your kind cooperation and I will be sure to check back with you in the future!
    -James
    PS Ruthe, I wasn't sure if I need/how to remove the request? LMK if there's anything I need to do!

6. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

well darn, I just finished a sample. oh well i'll just make room on the hard drive.

k.jpg

Rico, Ruthe and Dawn like this.
  7. Ruthe

Ruthe Community Manager

Hey @James Cappello, thanks for being accountable and informing us instead of just disappearing! :) We really appreciate that.

@ishkey I think you've hit a new high with your designs! :)

8. Dawn

Dawn Community Manager

Yeah excellent work @ishkey! I could definitely imagine this logo looking great on a sports team's jerseys/jackets/caps etc :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.