1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Help on GIMP needed

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by fontaine, May 5, 2008.

1. fontaine

fontaine New Member

Hi all,

Pls help on 2 items :

1. When I use Photoshop to edit the text, all I need to do is to click on the text and I am able to edit it. When I am using GIMP, I cannot edit the text.

2. After using Photoshop to edit the main, how do I save it as HTML format so that I can edit the rest of the test using Frontpage or Dreamweaver?

Thanks

2. LiLninja

LiLninja New Member

Saving img as index and editing text

I need an answer to this same question. I hope someone can answer soon.:eek:
    I successfully edited the image in Photoshop and then I saved that psd file as a index.html by using the 'save for web' option. But when I opened this same index.html file in dreamweaver the text became uneditable. How can I update the images and still save file as index.html and still keep the text editable in dreamweaver?

3. CriticalDesign

CriticalDesign New Member

The GIMP, great program, slightly different. To edit text you must click on the text tool first. There must be a text layer to edit it, make sure that is selected.

Now simply click away ;)

PM me if any extra help is required =]

4. pezboy45

pezboy45 Mod/Design & Coder [Pro]

No, GIMP is pretty dumb.
    It doesn't have any great features.
    It's, "a get what you pay for" program.
    Sucky.
    There are some other open source programs that are way better.
    Just search for them, you'll find them.

Good luck.

5. CriticalDesign

I used to use Photoshop. I actually switched over to GIMP because of it's layout, people often scoff at it because they tried it for about 5 minutes and couldn't find the same filters and whatnot that they found on PS due to the changed layout.

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc171/Critical_Design/
    You'll find my stuff there, I didn't upload any button or web design stuff aside the "Thundersurf" logo which is still a WIP.

6. pezboy45

Look at my stuff.
    http://dapezboy.org/gallery.html [graphic design portfolio]

That's only logo's and things that I've made.
    I could list site after site I've made.
    And trust me, I used GIMP for a few days.
    Its really retarded.

7. CriticalDesign

That's just it, you used it for a few days, you're biased.

They're both the same to me, it's just your personal preferences that changes it.

From what I have seen, you haven't done anything the GIMP can't do.

8. pezboy45

Yea, and that one is more professional, and more widely known.

9. CriticalDesign

It's not the program that makes it professional, and it's not fame that makes it better. You're just more accustomed to PS, so you find anything else different, and doesn't suit your familiarity with PS due to different layout, names, etc.

10. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

All Right.... - Let's see all those web sites and How about a contest. Both say use your own programs, make somthing along the same lines. And all of us here can vote on them.
    Come On What does everyone else think, we got some tallented people here who can review and vote.

11. CriticalDesign

12. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

I like gimp and xpaint, both have there place when you need something done.
    Just thought a duo would be fun.