1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Help needed

Discussion in 'General' started by Longstone, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Longstone

Longstone New Member

hiya all can anyone tell me if their is such a thing as a free domain name ie: .com or .co.uk I am looking for one for my football team?

we use AC Midlothian Amateur Football Club just now.

2. krisakaklp

krisakaklp New Member

i dont mean to be a bad nasty dude :D

but.. why dont u make something yourself? by looking at it that menu took about 15/20 minutes by Wix and then simple background, pictures using div layouts soo lols

anyways, no u got the best now go to
    CO.CC - Free Domain name registration + Free DNS service. and maybe use a Redirection. domains can cost like £3.00 not much, dont be a tight bugger, however u get alot of thinfs free by the looks of it

3. gandalph

gandalph New Member

Hey,

This website:
    Getting British Business Online

Is offering free websites, including a .co.uk domain, to businesses within the UK - however, there's nothing to stop individuals signing up, so you may be able to get the domain you want that way.

But like the guy above said, a .co.uk domain is pretty cheap anyway, a few pounds for a year is nothing.

4. ShaynaT

ShaynaT New Member

WIX.com has free templates and sites. Domain, I know godaddy.com is not free but not too expensive. I just paid $11 for a full year.

5. Techie

Techie New Member

LOL it stopped me because my IP is from the US.

6. Wanderer

Wanderer Member

7. Chubbs

Chubbs New Member

8. marblehillparkfc

marblehillparkfc New Member

Hi longstone,

Although my club is still without a club website I have toyed with the idea for a while. Like Chubbs I use Pitchero for a while and found it the best free website platform to use. It gives you plenty of pages on which you can list info such as News,fixtures,results,player bios, sponsorhip info, contact details etc - all you need really. You can also (if you buy a domain) map your domain to your pitch hero sight so if you search your club address at .co.uk or .com it will link into your pitchero site. Wordpress would also be a good place to start with setting up a basic sight and you would have more freedom to include the pages you want (all for free).

As for domain registration, I use 123.reg which is easy to use and cheap.

Hope that helps.

9. Fernando Silva

Fernando Silva New Member