1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Help Making Header Customizable

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by BRi, Feb 17, 2009.

1. BRi

BRi New Member

Hello all. I am new to web design. I am in custom photofinishing and use photoshop but am now slowly migrating into web stuff. I have found a templete here that will realy work for a project I am working on. The layout and colors are perfect but as far as I can tell the image in the header is fixed and not editable. The templete is " Dog Care Templete" Can anyone make the image area in the header editable so that I can replace it? Thank you all.

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Will fix this for you later today
    CP

3. CovertPea

The layered header image is attached. Let us know if you need any help.
    CP

4. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Nice of you CP, but how does one understand custom photo finishing with PS and can not edit a file for the web. A digital file is just a file if you know PS you can apply the tricks of the trade. I guess it's tunnel vision and a naming convention thing (photofinishing vs web).:D

5. CovertPea

(giggle)
    Don't get me started Dave, I've got a similar problem on another thread. :p

Perhaps BRi could define 'photofinishing' for us.

Myself, being the daughter of an avid gambler on horse races, always thought that was the close up shot of which horse's snout passed the finish line first!

(don't take notice of our banter BRi, it's just an old people thing) :) ;)

By the way, welcome to FWT!

6. BRi

BRi New Member

Thank You Both

OK Guys I guess I didnt give you the proper information. I am working from the index html file. I can change it in photoshop but dont know how to reflect the changes on the index file. I know that I can save as gif or jpg for web and it will create a new index.htm file but then the regions are not editable. CSS file related i guess but I know nothing about CSS. If you can tell me how to work from the PSD then reflect the changes correctly into th index.htm file that would be great. I would rather work from PS than Expression Web or Dream Weaver seeing as how I'm still a dumb ass in both. Thank you for your help, patience and understanding. If there are any articales or resoueces available let me know.

Many Thanks BRi

Oh The Photofinishing thing, I have been in the Photofinishing industry for 25 years. Just closed my lab this December. We worked with professionals rather than retail and offered Standard Photographic papers, B&W, Fine Art, Canvas Etc.

So as I stated I can work with an image no problem its just what to do with it from there. I'm just learning by playing when it cmes to web stuff.

again thanks for your help, not just anyone would volenteere to help.

7. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

I too was once a professional, but gave it up years ago when corp. world deceided to get greedy and as far as the dumb ### goes your not so bad. Here is a basic link to sort things out, I said basic as I do not want to offend, any one who does what you do and is trying to learn DW or EW doen't need much direction. https://freewebsitetemplates.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5694
    Just remember both of those programs use seperate files to link all your work together. Break the links and your files turn to mush. https://freewebsitetemplates.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27061#post27061
    If you want to try a free editor to look at the template try this http://www.alleycode.com/ This little is one of the best freeware editors I have seen in a long time. It's small fast and powerfull. I carry it on my U3 stick. For all of those who are looking for and asking what editor to use, you can not go wrong starting here. For those of experience it is worth having.
    PS I closed my biz Oct 2008